Clotuning s13 coupe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clotuning s13 coupe build

Bought my dad a white coupe so we could build it and enjoy hpde. Found it with no rust but had one of those soft top lauda covers.

Ripped it right off to see what it looked like under. has a bunch of glue and dents in the front ( im guessing they hammered it down to make sure it was secured on)

while i wait for my xcessive oil pan to come in i decided to put in the manual pedals

Last edited by clotuning; 02-11-2017, 03:04 PM.

Timing chain is making noise so i figure i get it out the way and change the chains, guides and tensioners. I am thinking about buying it all from Nissan but before i spend the $310 does anybody have any other recommendations on other brands?

All i can find is info on zilvia that the japanese brands are just as good but i dont really trust some of the zilvia guys.

Comment

I would personally go with OEM Nissan on the timing chain front. A gasket here or there - sure, I'll go aftermarket, but timing chain components going = toasted engine.
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Is this the potential enduro/ChumpCar?
        Core4 Motorsports
        CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
        S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
          I would personally go with OEM Nissan on the timing chain front. A gasket here or there - sure, I'll go aftermarket, but timing chain components going = toasted engine.
          yea youre right, ill order the oem

Originally posted by gills View Post
          Is this the potential enduro/ChumpCar?
          yup! next year or the year after hell want to change it over. for now were going to enjoy hpde to gain experience.

Comment

BTW - TheNismoShop has consistently had the best Nissan OEM pricing. I think it's Covina Nissan? Anyway, I'd call them up and see what pricing they can do.

Comment

thanks, i ended up ordering it from nissanpartsdeal.com before i saw this post.

i made a 3d print of a template to help me drill z32 rotors to 4 lug.

Comment

Originally posted by clotuning View Post
                thanks, i ended up ordering it from nissanpartsdeal.com before i saw this post.

i made a 3d print of a template to help me drill z32 rotors to 4 lug.

nice!
                Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Anybody know of any oem 15x7 4x114.3 wheels? Since I have to buy some wheels I wanted something wider than the 15x6 se wheels but that will comply with chumpcar 2x rules so I don't get points added on.

4.7.7. Wheels, brake calipers, and non-adjustable shock absorbers are open, PROVIDED they meet the
                  “2X Rule.”
                  4.8. THE 2X RULE
                  4.8.1. The retail price of any NEW replacement wheel, brake caliper, brake rotors, or non-adjustable
                  shock absorber that you put on your ChumpCar must be less than twice the cost of a stock
                  replacement wheel, brake caliper, brake rotors, or shock absorber that is available on-line by a
                  nationally recognized auto parts retail chain (i.e. - Napa, AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advanced,
                  etc.). ChumpCar reserves the right to go on-line and pull up retail prices.

Comment

Buy some cheap rotas. No one will give you a hard time about that.
                    Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Im a little nervous about rotas. My buddies replica wheels broken clean off at the spokes at the track

Comment

Were they rotas? Did he buy them used? What kind of car and tire?
                        Rotas are one of the best of the replica manufacturers. Many, many people use them on the track. I have 15x8 grids on our enduro car and they are perfectly fine.

All track duty wheels should be inspected regardless.

Case in point, here's a quality wheel failure:

https://youtu.be/vtYjujhW27Q
                        Last edited by gills; 02-16-2017, 01:40 PM.
                        Core4 Motorsports

Comment

They were 949 racing wheels on a civic with r888 tires at pocono raceway.

Which rota grid do you have and what offset? Maybe I'll go for the same one if they've worked well for you

Comment

Seen very nice Enkei flow formed wheels bend and crack when used on heavy cars. Lighter weight wheels are definitely a wear item.

Comment

949 Wheels has a ton of sets out there ripping up tracks. Huge in the Miata community, aren't they?

We use 15x8 Rota Grid Concave (Volk TE37 replica) with a 5x114.3 and +20 offset. We need to run a spacer in the front to clear the Z32 caliper though. I actually might be selling these (I have 6) as well as good condition used and new Hankook RS3V2's soon if you're interested. Might need to go with 17" wheels now due to a heart transplant...

tires are 225/45-15's
                              Last edited by gills; 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM.
                              Core4 Motorsports

Comment

Working...
                              X