Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Yeah, I was pretty happy with them. They weren't cheap, but you get what you pay for like with anything else, lol.

Leave a comment:

• eye-5
    replied
    Sounds like a good shop to fix all the little things holding you back. That is a great way to earn your trust.

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    So I showed up at English Racing yesterday morning at 9 a.m. They get started and find out that the shop that did the AEM wiring for me, didn't wire in the wideband o2 into the ECU. So that took a bit extra, they also wired in a switch for switchable maps (more on that later). So we got it on the dyno and after the basic stuff they went to turn up the boost. Well, the boost control solenoid was wired in wrong also, ha ha. So more time to fix mistakes. Started putting down more boost and power and we were getting some weird phantom knocks, when the motor really wasn't knocking. Turns out, the Evo knock sensor was also installed incorrectly (further back and closer to the head than the stock location), so he had to tune pretty conservatively for now, and when I get the knock sensor installed right, I'll be going back so we can get a better tune ironed out. Was happy with the work from English, would definitely recommend them to my fellow Nissan enthusiasts (before my car, they were working on a 1200 awhp GTR... lol), and I liked the tuning ethics they had (matched what I cared about).

Ok, now the switch. I got to California all the time (family), so I wanted a CA safe tune for when I drive the car down there (CA has the worst "high octane" gas in the country). However, I didn't want to be limited by that, so the other tune is for our high octane gas

The 403whp tune is with 91 octane CA pump gas (I drove down and brought up 12 gallons just for that purpose!). Ran on average about 17 psi.

I was running low on 92, so we had to put in a gallon of C16 for the 465whp tune. The tune is meant for 92, but until we get the knock sensor in correctly, I wont be running that tune on 92... just to be safe. On average, this tune was around 20psi.

Here's a stand alone pic of the 465 tune. The AFRs on the graph are about 1.5 higher than reality:

Car on the Dyno:

Left the shop at 8:30 p.m. It was a long day, lol. Front tire got a bubble in it also, so now I have to rock mismatched wheels for a bit until I get new tires (lame). Oh well, I'm just glad everything held together well (especially at 8,500rpm!). Car pulls pretty well now, low end feels like it used to, but the top end is there finally, which is what it really lacked!

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    I'll post the details and the story of today, tomorrow after work, but here's a picture to peak some interest... lol

Leave a comment:

• Seraphim38
    replied
    Sweet! Looking forward to the results

Leave a comment:

• eye-5
    replied
    Nice & clean!

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Took the car out for a few pictures. I haven't been able to do this in a LONG time! lol. Washed it up even... it's been years! Tune was moved to Tuesday, and it's ready I hope!

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Thanks! Lol

Leave a comment:

• SoSideways
    replied
    Where is that "like" button?

Oh wait, this isn't facebook.

Nice looking engine!

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Well here's the motor in all of its finished glory! It isn't super pretty, but it's running good so far! I'm hoping nothing else goes wrong with the valvetrain! Everything is shimmed correctly, and I have the correct cams installed! My plan is to put some miles on it over the next week or so, and then open the valve cover to make everything is good (I'll do a compression check too). If everything looks good, then I'll be making my appointment to get it tuned for power!

I also installed a new PTP Turbo Blanket:

Leave a comment:

• SoSideways
    replied
    My engine is pretty much stock except for an HKS turbo, GReddy intercooler kit, and an Enjuku turbo intake. Everything else is completely stock, so I don't know wtf is going on... well, I suspect the injectors have a lot to do with my car's crappy running, because whenever I get on it, my friends tell me my exhaust just spits black smoke out like I'm sooting in a diesel truck, so I'm pretty sure the injectors are DIIIIIRRRRTTTTY.

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by SoSideways View Post
    Sounds good man!

Mine's quite loud. And my idle is reeeeaaaaaaaally crappy/choppy now. It could be my cams/lifters/rockers, but it could be the stock injectors are just getting so cruddy they're not fully firing in a nice spray pattern anymore either lol

Thanks man! Sucks about your idle. Mine was real bad before I fixed the valvetrain noise, lol. It was due to the knock sensor pulling timing from all the noise. I run an Evo knock sensor, so it's pretty sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• 2_Liter_Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by conrad2nr View Post
    Is that an aftermarket air/oil separator I see in your vid?
    You talking about the hose on the back side of the "T"? If so, that's a Moroso one way check valve plumbed into the exhaust. It was originally designed to provide vacuum under boost so I didn't have to run a line to the intake. I'm still experimenting with it, and not sure if it works all that well, so that's why I'm still plumbed back into the intake. It should work in theory, but I want to make sure before leaving it stand alone.

Leave a comment:

• SoSideways
    replied
    Sounds good man!

Mine's quite loud. And my idle is reeeeaaaaaaaally crappy/choppy now. It could be my cams/lifters/rockers, but it could be the stock injectors are just getting so cruddy they're not fully firing in a nice spray pattern anymore either lol

Leave a comment:

• conrad2nr
    replied
    Is that an aftermarket air/oil separator I see in your vid?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X