GC Sleeve I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Sleeve I.D.

Does anyone know what the I.D. of different GC sleeves is? Are they all the same I.D. that is adjusted by the inner ring on the step? Looking for I.D. of 98-99 200sx sleeves. Thanks
    Addicted to Motorsports

Should be 2.04 or 2.08, can't remember exactly. I'll mic a set I have in the garage tomorrow.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Thanks that's what I needed. Are they all 2 in ID? Is this size driven by spring ID or does it vary?
      Addicted to Motorsports

Comment

GC pretty much only sells the 2ish" ID setups for the Nissan since the majority of Nissan dampers use a 2" housing. The rears are usually 1.75", which is why they just slap the insert inside of the larger one.

I actually haven't ever had a set smaller than that in my hands, but I do know they sell them for some Honda applications. I imagine they use a 2.25" spring on those.

Comment

Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
          GC pretty much only sells the 2ish" ID setups for the Nissan since the majority of Nissan dampers use a 2" housing. The rears are usually 1.75", which is why they just slap the insert inside of the larger one.

I actually haven't ever had a set smaller than that in my hands, but I do know they sell them for some Honda applications. I imagine they use a 2.25" spring on those.
          All of the Honda stuff I have messed with had 2.5" springs.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad View Post
            All of the Honda stuff I have messed with had 2.5" springs.
            Good to know. I'm trying to remember which set I was told had the smaller ones.

Comment

I know BMW E36 and E46 use 2.25" stuff in the rear of stock spring location setups. I've even seen them up front on a few aftermarket shocks to get a bit more tire clearance, but that's very rare.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
              X