Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in Ground Control kits, (240sx vs Sentra)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Ground Control kits, (240sx vs Sentra)

Hello all, this is actually my first post so bear with me! I have been reading constantly on this forum after being introduced to it while looking for GC/Koni info. It is SO nice to be able to find good reliable info that doesn't involve a "drift bias".

Anyway, surfing Ebay I found a GC kit for "95-99 Nissan 200sx and Sentra". The sleeves look similar in length to the 240 kit, and the springs look about 6"...

Does anyone know the differences in the kits?

Sentra sleeves are 4" all the way around, and the 240 are 4" F/ 2.5" rear.

240 off the shelf kits have really short springs. What spring rates does the Sentra have...or PM me a link and I'll look at it.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Okay, but if I use your 86xx housings for the rear eventually then 4" would be the right length correct?

What I was really interested in was the diameters of the sleeves, and also the top hat designs. If those are the same then they could be used on the 240 without any trouble i would think.

I don't know the spring rates on the auction, but I figure new springs shouldn't be a problem to get cheap.

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
        Sentra sleeves are 4" all the way around, and the 240 are 4" F/ 2.5" rear.
        He's right. That height difference is nothing a sawzall can't take care of. FWIW, the sentra guys actually use GCs more than the 240 guys do. I found a used GC kit from a Sentra on sr20forums that I got for $80. That included the springs.

Comment

Nice, Why is it that I can never find those kind of deals?

I'm getting a set of Deviant front housings, and maybe the rear set later when I have the time/money to set that up. So I should be able to run the 4" sleeves for a while on an eclipse shock and not mess it up by bottoming out on the sleeve, if I read it right on another thread here.
          Last edited by s13flyboy; 12-08-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

you have to look for them when you don't need them. I was looking for something else, saw that deal and jumped on it. I didn't need them at the time, but knew that I was going to be starting a project soon enough where I could use them.

Comment

BTW, right now is a great time to be searching ebay for circle track throw-away parts, which includes 2.5" sleeves and springs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmauld View Post
                BTW, right now is a great time to be searching ebay for circle track throw-away parts, which includes 2.5" sleeves and springs.

TONS of sleeves on ebay this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad View Post

TONS of sleeves on ebay this time of year.
                  Agreed. I've bought some circle track sleeves from Ebay for like $50, I got 4 sleeves, top hats, and matching collars. They're used but still in great condition.

Comment

Differences B/W Sentra and 240sx GC Kits

So, to sum up,
                    The only difference in the GC kits is the length of the sleeves
                    The diameter of the shocks is the same.
                    The 4" sleeves all round will work with the Deviant 86xx housings.

Is all of this correct?

I know the spring rates will be different but I don't see that as an issue with the abundance of them out there. I just want to be able to widen my search criteria on Ebay and the like, to include sentra stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by s13flyboy View Post
                      The only difference in the GC kits is the length of the sleeves
                      The diameter of the shocks is the same.
                      Nope

GC makes different diameters for different shock brands. KYB is larger OD than Koni IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad View Post
                        Nope

GC makes different diameters for different shock brands. KYB is larger OD than Koni IIRC.
                        I was sure they sent various sized 0-rings or adapter to make the sleeves work with varioused sized shocks/struts.

The GC kit on my car right now was originally purchased for my B13 back in 2002 to work with AGX's. They worked just fine with the koni yellows in the rear, for the short time I had them on there, after I bought the needed C-collar from GC last year.
                        -Monty

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                          I was sure they sent various sized 0-rings or adapter to make the sleeves work with varioused sized shocks/struts.

The GC kit on my car right now was originally purchased for my B13 back in 2002 to work with AGX's. They worked just fine with the koni yellows in the rear, for the short time I had them on there, after I bought the needed C-collar from GC last year.
                          Yup, you are right, I forgot about the ORings

Comment

Yeah, but now with GC being so rough on it's customers I don't think I could get small stuff like that anymore. Hmm, well maybe I can find the o-rings somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by s13flyboy View Post
                              Yeah, but now with GC being so rough on it's customers I don't think I could get small stuff like that anymore. Hmm, well maybe I can find the o-rings somewhere else.
                              I bought a assortment of 0-rings from the local plumbing store .
                              -Monty

Comment

Working...
                              X