Rebound and compression adjustment on koni 8611

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebound and compression adjustment on koni 8611

Well hopefully soon mine will be here so I thought I'd ask and I'm sure others could find this beneficial.

My Koni 8611s should be here as Richard will be shipping them today/this weekend.

Where are the adjusters? Bottom of shaft? Top of shaft? Which one is compression which one is rebound?

How many clicks? Left/Right to turn? If it's not the click system, does it reach an end when it maxes out on turns one way or other way?

Tips on fine tuning the dampers to begin with? I'll be running on an s13 stripped interior 600lbs/inch front and 450lbs/inch rear. Rebound? Compression?

Any other useful info please post
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

The instructions that come with them explain the adjustment. Top rebound counterclockwise = more rebound, bottom compression clockwise = more compression.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yea...instructions, what he said. 600/450? Damn son. R comps?

For adjusting them, Koni has a very basic procedure on their site somewhere.
      ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
      ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

No only ****ty 255/40/17 azenis for now... but alas... i'll be buying another set of rims and some maybe used r comps for track days. Probably should have went with slightly lower spring rates to begin with then swapped the heavier spring rates when I get another set of wheels and r comps but oh well its all good
        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

I thought I found a Koni.com webpage that had these instructions but can only find it in a PDF now. http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/K...ortCatalog.pdf

Page 34 shows how to adjust rebound on the 8611/10. Last page describes how to tune them. Compression on 8611 is at the bottom and what Def said.

Comment

Working...
          X