Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heim Joints

Hey,

I was speaking with someone on Zilvia about getting some Heim joints for my ebay/motoria style suspension arms. He said he is waiting to hear back from his contact - it's been a couple of weeks and I was expecting to have them by now or at least have them be sent off in the mail.

I thought a couple of people on here were running ebay arms with aftermarket heim joints that are actually worth a damn. If you guys could order me some/show me a good site to order them from I'd really appreciate it. I did some searching but the thread I found was very old and only some of the pictures worked and I didn't see any links.

My arms are this style:

Thanks
    Stephen

I've replaced my joints with QA1 Endura rods. You can purchase them from Summit or Jegs.
    Last edited by pedroramosjr; 10-07-2008, 12:25 AM.

Comment

^^^ This is how mine were done also... by the previous owner of the car.
      -Monty

Comment

My toe arms that look like that were M16x2mm. I'm going to use some Midwest control rod ends. I have some Aurora ends for the other arms.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

My MCP heims are just starting to show signs of wear, which isn't bad considering it's gone through an entire season on them, both street/ highway driving to events and lasting through 3 sets of 315's.

Comment

MCP?

Ace, what rods are you using and what rod ends? Which rods have been replaced in the rear of your car, and do you have any comments on what you would or wouldn't replace.
            Last edited by jmauld; 10-07-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to measure the thread pitch and what not and start shopping, haha.

I'd also like to know what MPC is and where you'd order them.

Also, can you tell when they're wearing buy checking on how loose they are or what? I imagine everything should move smoothly and not rattle around at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jmauld View Post
                MCP?
                Duh. "Master Control Program"

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fass240us View Post
                  Duh. "Master Control Program"

Can we throw him off the island?

Comment

Midwest control products. Midwestcontrol.com

I'd personally look into either some CM Aurora or heavyduty economy QA1 ends. You don't need $40+ chromoly rod ends for this application.
                    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

thanks Def.

Same question that I asked Ace (this goes to anyone listening). Which arms in the rear would you recommend replacing. So far, I've been running the stock arms and with 150rwhp, they have been adequate. However, I'm now adding more HP and I ASSUME that I'm going to have to take out some of the rear camber in order the maintain anything that resembles traction.
                      Last edited by jmauld; 10-08-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hey I was wondering... long-term-wise for replacments. Right now I got SPL's arms with QA1 rod ends.. they move but are a bit tough to move...

I was in brassfasco store or whatever the name, they were selling all sorts of aurora rod ends....however, when i took them and rotated the spherical bearing.. oh man it was so light and all over... different application I guess? Good bad? What to look for? I was told the cheaper rod ends/spherical bearings are tougher to move/seize or something.. lol... but im not sure if these aurora ones which are SUPER loose(smooth movement).. are the right application? Like they were so light to move, no resistance, very smooth.
                        Last edited by a_ahmed; 10-08-2008, 11:05 AM.
                        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

All of my nice/nicer arms have really heavy/thick/syrupy motion in the joints. This is a mix of Battle Version and SPL. I haven't noted on my SPL's, but my BV's will actually stay put horizontally if the heim joint end is still bolted to the car. I always took the heavy feeling for quality and precision.
                          She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                            Midwest control products. Midwestcontrol.com

I'd personally look into either some CM Aurora or heavyduty economy QA1 ends. You don't need $40+ chromoly rod ends for this application.
                            The ones I'm finding on the Midwest site are very reasonably priced - 5-10 dollars each when buying 4 of them. Is there anything specific I need to look for or will any teflon coated bearing made from chrome molly work? Obviously making sure the opening is the right size and everything, but I see options like narrow and wide housing and stuff like that.

I really appreciate all the help, that website alone is amazing!

Comment

I replaced all the heims, since the ones from MCP were pretty cheap, and there's no reason to run a necked heim on any of the aftermarket rods.

MCP now has a stainless line that I'd like to look into, but it appears as though they aren't in stock. I'll most likely just move up to Aurora AM-M heims over the winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X