Starting to piece together my setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to piece together my setup

I just bought this rear setup ( http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=202150 ), and ordered a set of Tein pillow ball mounts for it.

Is there anything else I need for the rear (spacers, etc)?

Also, does anyone know if GC will sell just 2 sleeves and springs (450lb) for the front? In the next few weeks, I'll be placing my order for the front housings/shocks (haven't decided on whether I'm doing an 8611 or 8610 yet, car will be mostly street driven and I'll be trying autocross for the first time).

I'm open to any other suggestions/options.

Originally posted by ryebreadz28 View Post
    Also, does anyone know if GC will sell just 2 sleeves and springs (450lb) for the front?
    I'm going to go with "no way in hell".

Look towards the end of the "Update" thread to see what I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by spool_sample View Post
      I'm going to go with "no way in hell".
      X Eleventy billion!!!

GC will not piece out ANY of their items.

Comment

Damn. Any other options? I briefly read that veilside was trying to get a new supplier that will sell individually.

I can't even find used sets of GC kits.

Comment

http://nissanroadracing.com/vbulleti...9&postcount=44

Also...you can check out ebay for coil over "sleeves"

Comment

Damn. Any other options? I briefly read that veilside was trying to get a new supplier that will sell individually.

AFCO or Speedway

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Don't limit yourself to 240 parts when you're looking. Many of the sleeves are the same diameter. I picked up a used set of Sentra GCs for $50 once off of ebay. That included 4 springs.

Comment

If you DD it i'd go with 350f 250r...I DD my car but I attend events 1-2 times per month so I went with 450f 350r. If you have an S chasis I take it you have the uprights for those Koni's? If you find the rates to be too soft you can play with your sway bars.
                  Addicted to Motorsports

Comment

Yea, I have the uprights. This car is the "toy". I have an 04 A4 for a DD, and also a company car . I think 450f/350r will be fine.

Originally posted by ckcadavona View Post
                    If you DD it i'd go with 350f 250r...I DD my car but I attend events 1-2 times per month so I went with 450f 350r. If you have an S chasis I take it you have the uprights for those Koni's? If you find the rates to be too soft you can play with your sway bars.

Comment

Where did you order the teins?

Comment

www.frsport.com

May have paid a bit much, but whatever. They also sell the fronts, but I keep reading that they're designed for stock length struts, so I'll probably be looking elsewhere.

Comment

I think I'm going to drop the coin on project mu camber plates. It's the easiest way to get the height I want without sacrificing shock compression. If I understand it correctly I'll still be in the sweet spot because the strut will be an inch higher than with the teins

Comment

Working...
                          X