• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSE suspension

I'm sure many of you are familiar with this but man does it kick ass:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ONjJS1DA&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ONjJS1DA&hl=en

There's more videos.
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

I didn't even look at your links, but if this is anything like Bose audio gear, it's complete gimmicky junk.
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

maybe you should look at it then? before putting it down?
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

yeah thats pretty interesting, if only it was in english

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

lol i can understand it but not much to translate except a lil (sort of) biography on bose and how they were researching this for 24 years and then just a bunch of 'wow its cool'/impression comparison demonstrations... and it is pretty damn cool... from both a comfort, luxury and sports perspective long-term this def is the future

Comment

Bla bla bla, linear electromagnetic motors. Sounds like their babble about waveguide speakers and 1-driver surround sound. Bose is a company that makes profits by charging clueless consumers far too much for a gimmicky, mediocre product. If this has been revealed for a few years and nobody is using it yet, I think the reason why should be clear.
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

All that stuff sounds cool if it knows what to do with the wheels BEFOREHAND. Active suspension in the early-mid 90's era proved that. It's fast because you can tailor the car for a given corner, constantly adjusting ride height, spring rate, damping etc. Or really just controlling the wheels at all time.

I can't see this working as well as the electro-magnetic shocks on the new Corvette that can change damping hundreds of times a second, because the BOSE concept makes it necessary to know what it going to happen to the wheels just an instant into the future for it to work like it's shown.

Bose is great as a company for charging people hundreds of bucks for 17 cent cheap Chinese paper cone speakers though... The best thing is that they've convinced people that the fact that their tiny 1.074 watt speakers are an ADVANTAGE over a speaker with enough surface area and power capacity to sound badass. Don't get me started on the one note muddled thud that the Acoustiass module is only capable of reproducing....
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
              X