stance GR+ or tein flex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance GR+ or tein flex?

I am currently running a set ot tein flex's on my s-13, but the dampening leaves a bit to be desired at the track (especially in the front since I bumped the springs up to 9k). A buddy of mine is parting out his s-13 and my other buddy will probably buy his stance GR+ coils. The guy that is buying the coils would probably rather have my flexes than the stance's since the car will be his DD with minimal (if any) track/drift useage. I am pretty sure I could work out a trade with him for the stance's. Will the stances be any better than my flexes on the track? I really need the opinions of some damper gurus here, thanks.
    function > form
    1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Going to be about the same imo. I don't necessarily prefer one to the other, after having driven both.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Try this:

1) Exchange Tein Flex for Stances
      2) Sell Stances to drifter fanboy on Zilvia.
      3) Spend the money you made to get some 8610s up front and Yellows in the rear (if you're more budget-oriented... otherwise, go nuts)

If you're serious about going fast (and judging by your other posts, you are), you're going to have to skip the pick-a-color junk and go for the throat. You can get Yellows pretty cheap these days, and those would be the absolute least I would recommend.

Comment

I was actually planning to make custom housings for 8611's that use my stock TEIN hardware. I have to make housings for that because the tein's use 11" dampers and the shortest 8611 is 11.42". According to veilside other than that they should pretty much drop right into the tein housings. I wonder if the stance housings are a bit longer. They are inverted monotube in the front though and the inverted part would probably cause problems of it's own. I TOTALLY understand that the stances are not a huge amount better than the flexes, most likely just the lesser of the two evils. I can acquire the stances for probably nothing out of pocket though so if they are the lesser of the evils I don't see why not.
        function > form

Comment

I can't remember off the top of my head how long the front housings are on the Stance. They are a larger diam. than the Tein though. (I only remember that the rears were 2.25" off the top of my head)

Comment

I read on the internet that Stance was the best suspension ever. But I also heard Tein is used by pro drivers in asia. It's a tough decision.

It's like asking if you would rather have sex with the overweight girl or her ugly friend.
            www.tipengr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wiisass View Post
              I read on the internet that Stance was the best suspension ever. But I also heard Tein is used by pro drivers in asia. It's a tough decision.

It's like asking if you would rather have sex with the overweight girl or her ugly friend.
              LMAO. What a great post to see in the morning.

The analogy makes sense, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiisass View Post

Which one gives a better BJ? That's all I want to know. LOL! Is it really that hard to answer this question? Which one has better valving? My tein's piss me off because they are just a bit bouncy at the track, like they are undervalved, but the car almost never gets unsettled by bumps. Are the stances any better (less bounce with pretty equal stability over bumps)? I can trade them for free, nothing out of pocket, so if the stances have even a slight advantage I see no reason to not use them. You really don't have to tell me that neither is as good as they are hyped up to be, I KNOW that! Veilside180sx is the ONLY one that has given me an actual opinion so far. The rest of you are just being dicks! Answer the question honestly or don't post here!
                Last edited by racepar1; 05-17-2008, 09:54 AM.
                function > form

Comment

The Stances are likely worth a bit more... that's probably what I'd base the decision on. I think the reason why you aren't getting any firm opinions is that the dampers are very similar... and almost equally "as bad."
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

the dampening adjustment covers a wider range than all those Japanese shocks without any cross dampening. Its a better buy than Teins.

Comment

Nothing is getting wet here.... DAMPING - DAMPER.
                      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

i'm getting wet ... from your dominant and sound typing Def.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet View Post
                          i'm getting wet ... from your dominant and sound typing Def.
                          Wow if that's not too much information...I don't know what is.

Comment

WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much info!
                            function > form

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet View Post
                              the dampening adjustment covers a wider range than all those Japanese shocks without any cross dampening. Its a better buy than Teins.
                              If you don't think there is any cross talk on the Stance...you are in for some surprises.

The Tein's will feel slightly underdamped...the Stance will feel a bit of both depending on where you are in the adjustment range. It's just a matter of where and when with either one.

Comment

Working...
                              X