Harbor Freight Pin Wrench doesn't fit FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight Pin Wrench doesn't fit FYI

So, on my last trip to HF I saw an adjustable pin wrench for like $4 that looked like it would work to tighten the gland nuts on Richard's housings. I picked it up, but it turns out the 8611 shaft is too big and blocks the tool from inserting into both gland nut holes. I'm going to grind it down for clearance because I have it now and would rather not bend another pair of needlenose pliers trying to tighten/loosen gland nuts.
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

I have a 1/2" long piece of 2" pipe with two bolts welded on the sides that match the holes on the gland nuts and a little handle welded on... it sure is ugly, but it does a good job on tightening the gland nuts
    -Monty

Comment

Clever.

At least I can use this thing for my angle grinder, etc. Gotta justify my $4 somehow
      ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
      ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
        I have a 1/2" long piece of 2" pipe with two bolts welded on the sides that match the holes on the gland nuts and a little handle welded on... it sure is ugly, but it does a good job on tightening the gland nuts
        Can't imagine where you got that.=)
        Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

thats funny i used a big a*$ crescent wrench but the gland nuts I got might be a little different
          Addicted to Motorsports

Comment

I use an Adjustable-Face Heavy Duty Pin Spanner Wrench. McMaster PN: 5643A47 ($24.10). It works great on gland nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
              Can't imagine where you got that.=)
              santa
              -Monty

Comment

Working...
              X