Koni Coilover Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koni Coilover Hardware

Everybody seems to be using the GC hardware on their 86xx's. Is there a reason nobody has bought the Koni sleeves/perches/tophats and whatever kind of springs they want? Koni's sleeves have 42mm or 50mm inside diameters. What is the outside diameter of Richards housings?

2" or 50.8mm
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Good lord, just checked pricing from Ground Control's site.

$399 for the sleeves, springs, collars, and top hats for the S13.
      http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

good lord what? that pricing is good, $100 less than Koni and Hypercoils. I've just been reading about people having trouble getting individual components from Ground Control and I would assume Koni has better customer service so it might be worth the extra money.

Comment

I've seen prices a little better than $399, that's all.

Anyway, if we purchased something brand new (through whichever channel we can), which ones would we need to get for Richard's custom housings, for the 8611/8610 setup?
          http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

You can get springs and such on ebay all day long for a lot less than GC charges. The sleeves are mostly all the same, and any 2.5" ID spring will work. Then you can you use Techno Toy Tuning hats like I'll be doing. Only thing I still need to figure out is
            A. Conical spacer to distribute load to the Torrington bearing on the hats properly
            B. Rear hat setup (it seems that most "JDM" coilovers use no rear hat, or just a basic spacer right against the upper mount?)
            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

^^^ I have a rear hat setup from my GC kit... if you're needing a set that is.
              -Monty

Comment

so koni's 50mm sleeves would work? 2" is 50.8mm according to Richard but that .8mm wont make a difference... right?

Comment

Metal is not forgiving. If it doesn't fit...it doesn't fit. The only way to find out for sure, is to order it and see if Koni's tolerance is actually right at 50mm or 51mm.

Comment

Here is another supplier of coil-over components that I stumbled across a while ago:

http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...e=hp_c-o-parts

They don't have sizes posted for all the parts they list, but that info should be readily available.

Also, I don't think this is a more cost effective way to put together an entire kit, but it may be helpful to those who are trying to pry individual components out of ground control.

Comment

AFCO, Allstar, Coleman Racing...I've priced them all on various occassions. Once you put it all together it comes out dangerously close to the same price as GC.

Most of them use a 5" sleeve, rather than a 4" sleeve. You would have to cut it off on a band saw to 4" or else you wouldn't be able to put the flanges in the proper location.

Comment

The springs they sell are 2 5/8" instead of 2.5". So this stuff might not work.
                        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Working...
                        X