Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil over locking keeps coming loose

Hey everyone,

I've been having this issue where my coilover locking collar for my spindle mount keeps coming loose. I added an extra locking collar in the bottom but it is not helping. Has anybody else had this issue?

I have
    mk1 camber caster plates
    fa radial bearing mounts
    eibach springs
    def spring perch locking collar and coilover sleeves
    stance spindle mount and locking collars
    koni 8610 dampers

Do the FA radial bearing mounts freely spin with weight on the corner? The only time I've seen this is when there is something binding heavily to where you input steering and the coilover is bound up and the torque gets reacted through the whole stack.

I would say you could make a little tab that bolts to the brake hose mount and locks out each collar by interfacing in the locking collar slots... but then your torque reacted in the stack just goes up... and something might break.

My first thought is those FA bearings are binding. They Torrington bearings? You have to clean those out A LOT. Mine got very gritty within about 1000-2000 miles.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

How do I check if they spin free with weight on?

With weight off they do spin freely without issues

I'm not sure if theyre Torrington bearings, fortune auto advertises them as radial bearings.

Comment

Use a jack to put some weight on them and see if they still spin freely. If you think everything is in good condition and spinning freely, then I'd try some small locking tabs you bolt through the bracket hose bracket.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Working...
        X