X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deviant Custom Koni Housing Pricing

Currently I'm making housings for the following...S13/S14

Front Setup: S13/S14

Custom Housings $375 (includes housing, gland nut, powdercoating)
    Fits the following dampers:
    Koni 8611-1257
    Koni 8610-1436

Rear Setup:

*S13
    Housing can be made for Z32 fork mount
    -Custom Housing $375

*S14
    Housing Can be made for Z32 fork mount
    -Custom Housing $375

On the rear of any of the setups you also have the option of running a Koni Yellow shock rather than the 8611/8610 setup. It works well, and helps keeps the cost down if you are on a budget.

Complete S14 setup (8611-1257 insert) with Z32 rear mounts

Assembled S13 Front with a Silk Road RMA8 for comparison. This is a V1 housing, which is 2 revisions old.

Last edited by veilside180sx; 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

What is the best way to run a Koni Yellow on the rear of an S14?
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

It bolts right up with the GC sleeve, are you using a camber plate Ross?

Comment

I forgot to include that I have Z32 uprights. I plan to use spherical bearing upper mounts both front and rear. I don't even have the stock suspension stuff anymore.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

so you are able to get 8610 and 8611?

I'd like to know how much those would be right now for my s14 fronts.

Comment

I can get either one. The last ones I ordered I paid $162/ea and $259 respectively, but I'm working on getting better pricing.

Comment

Noob here...

How much would a set of 8611'sfor front and rear, with housings for 95 s14 stock hubs be, and would I have to outsource the g/c coilovers and tein camber plates? Are these still available?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm torn between koni's and kw v3 suspension, and this is the only forum which doesn't cater to the drift crowd or the JdM yO.

Thanks.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

[email protected] "JdM yO"
                  "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Originally posted by tdm racer View Post
                    Noob here...

How much would a set of 8611'sfor front and rear, with housings for 95 s14 stock hubs be, and would I have to outsource the g/c coilovers and tein camber plates? Are these still available?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm torn between koni's and kw v3 suspension, and this is the only forum which doesn't cater to the drift crowd or the JdM yO.

Thanks.
                    The only thing I heard about the KW V3s that seemed "confirmed" is that the damper lengths are fairly long/tall - especially above the spindle mount up front. I think they were designed more along the lines of a mild lowering setup from stock. It works with other cars, but S chassis cars come stock absolutely jacked up, so you really do need to get an honest 3-4" lower to get the CG to a reasonable location.

I think you might run into travel issues with them.
                    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'm running kw's on my current auto-x 3rd gen mr2 and love the setup, but I'm really leaning into getting the konis for my s14. I was also wondering how to adjust the compression on the konis, ( i have the normal s14 rear suspension upright. ) if not maybe i'll just go with the 8610's on the rears.

Comment

I stand a better chance of making the rear S14 work for a standard upright, but unless your autox/road race class outlaws Z32...it really is better and easier all the way around.

Comment

Well, I've checked, and for my local auto-x dsp or sm wouldn't allow for the z32 uprights, I'll go with the 8611 front and the 8610 rear combo with custom bodies, and ground controls, I was thinking of 6kg f 5kg rear, but do you have any suggestions. ( I know they can be easily changed later ) Is this a doable setup? if so, how much? how long?

Comment

PJ is running Z32 uprights, so it has to be allowed within SM rules.

PM sent on the other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by veilside180sx View Post
                              PJ is running Z32 uprights, so it has to be allowed within SM rules.

PM sent on the other stuff
                              Really? I thought changing the suspension mounting points wasn't allowed?

Comment

Working...
                              X