Ghetto camber plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto camber plates

FYI, delubozparts on ebay is selling cheap chinese camber plates for like $80 shipped. I have not seen them in person, just putting them out there as an option if you're really trying to scrimp.
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

I'm tempted to pick up a set to play with, and I sent the seller an email for better pictures. I can't imagine them being any worse than the D2/Ksport ones.

It'd be a cheap way to get camber plates on these things if they are workable. The first you have to do with any of the cheap ones is to replace all the hardware on them, because they use the crappiest bolts/studs.
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

I saw those a while back...

What's involved in replacing a spherical bearing in the average camber plate? I'm assuming it's just pressed in there and you just have to find a replacement, but no idea what most look like or if there is anything else involved.

The Tein plates having a huge "snout" on them is lame, as you definitely need all the travel possible on the front of these cars.
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

The seller replied to me, but I haven't received the pictures yet.

The bearings are just pressed in there, but I've never actually tried it before.

Comment

He told me he'd measure the ID of the bearings today.
          ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I never received pics from seller, did you get measurements?

Comment

Nope.
              ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

He finally got back to me. The bearing ID is 5/8", which I'm guessing is good news since it's so standard. I'm at school so I don't have time to go on the MCP site and check things out. He also sent me a few more pics of them showing the bottom. No Tein snout! They do have pressed in studs though, which Def mentioned are a cheap way of doing things. No surprise there. What's the drawback to them versus a threaded stud? I asked if they will offer rear plates as well, as the Tein ones are like $160 for the S14 and you're not even getting any added adjustment from them. That makes the cost a bit hard to stomach for me.
                ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Yes that is great news that's it's 5/8"

Can you post the pics so I can see them Ross?

Comment

Upon comparing these pics to Tein front plates, I guess they do have the same lower "snout". I recalled the Tein snout being bigger than it actually is.

He also said this: "My supplier didn't have plans for the Rear Pillow mounts, if they do make it for sure I will offer for sale in my E-Bay store. Thank you !" However from looking at the apps cusco lists their plates for, the Z32 and S13 use the same rear plate, which jives with Russ saying long ago that Z32 dampers bolt right into an S13 with Z32 uprights. So, cheap option for S13 rear.

Tein it is for me, I guess.
                    Last edited by turtl631; 01-14-2008, 02:16 PM.
                    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

It has the snout, but not as bad as the tein one...

-Monty

Comment

Ooooh.... looks like replaceable monoball. Would be awesome if you could replace it when it starts wearing. Sloppy strut mounts = wheel shimmy = no fun.

Just ordered a set off Ebay, so hopefully my front end will be all brand new and solid for GA.

Comment

Certainly looks like a replaceable bearing to me

Comment

Does that bottom piece screw out? Looks like those 4 holes are there for a tool to remove that piece holding the bearing in?
                            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Yeah appears to be a similar bearing to the Tein replaceable one, which requires a 4 prong tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X