It's on the road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's on the road!

Finally finished up my ve-t swap into my s14.5. I am running a bw s360sx with a t-4 1.0 housing. Surprisingly I'm into boost at 3800rpm. Feels great and I'm still on break in. I'll be cranking up the boost in the spring. I have a Haltech elite 1500 with the taarks pickup setup. Started on the first try with no problems.

Impressive! Always a good feeling to have success. And even moreso when you've pieced it together.
    Last edited by jfryjfry; 02-08-2016, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Nice! Any pictures?

Comment

First try startup is always a beer-worthy bonus!
        Originally posted by SoSideways
        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

That first crank feels great!
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Yeah I'll post some pictures now that I have it mostly finished engine bay wise. I am having boost creep like a mofo though. Twin 38 tials with .5 bar small red springs. They'll hold fine at .5 bar until VVL kicks in and then by 7000 I'm at 1bar and climbing. I've been told manifold design could be he culprit, but with twin gates it's kind of crazy. I'll post picks

Comment

If the wastegates aren't "priority" by design, I could that being an issue.

What manifold are you running? Any pics?

Comment

It's a manifold that was built a long time ago custom to a det. The waste gates are 90 degrees off the collector both of them 180 degrees from one another. They're tial 38's dumping to atmosphere. I am probably going to switch to small yellow springs and use the haltech elite to do my boost control. If I can get them to hold below 15 in 1-2 and then 20-22lbs. in 3rd and 25-28 for 4th I will be happy.

Comment

Nice I'm planing on the S300sxe 62mm with the 1.0 twin scroll for mine. I always wondered if you really needed 2 gates or just one big gate merged.

Comment

You're gonna need a big gate or 2. I put in small reds and I'm still creeping after hitting 5000rpm. I plan to switch to small yellows and use the boost controllers to get where I wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluerb240 View Post
                      Nice I'm planing on the S300sxe 62mm with the 1.0 twin scroll for mine. I always wondered if you really needed 2 gates or just one big gate merged.
                      Rule of thumb: Big boost --> small wastegate; Small boost ----> Big gate.

For a twin scroll with lots of boost, Ideally you would want two small gates. Or, have the gates separated until the gate (but that is not entirely ideal). But two gates for the twin scroll is the correct way to approach it.

Comment

By big boost are you talking 35+psi?

Comment

Not entirely versed on the turbo, but from the compressor MAP, it seems it flows up to 72-75 lbs efficiently. PR of 3.00 is max efficiency (about 60-65 lbs). I would say anywhere over 18-20 psi is considered "big boost". But, don't quote me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluerb240 View Post
                            On a twin scroll manifold its better to have to separate WGs than a single large that merges the two sides together.
                            First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
                            Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Comment

Finally a few pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X