p12 20v head solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p12 20v head solenoid

I have a p12 head. The solonoid won't clear my firewall. Can i use a relocation block for a p11 head from mazworx or taark? along with a hall sensor instead of the cas?

I believe the only one Mazworx offers is for the P11 head, however, from my understanding the casting in the heads are identical. The Mazworx relocation plate has separate passages though, so it would have to be modified. If Taark offers one for the the P12, use that.
    VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Can you just drill and tap the passages on the head?
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

The area on the back of the head is huge. It isn't just a few ports, but an opening sealed off by portions of the solenoid plate.

VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

taarks is only for the p11 as well. any other ideas?

Comment

You can still drill and tap all those holes, then a blockoff plate for the big vent/hole thing and you're good.

Comment

Isn't the oil feed for the right/intake rockers is through the rocker shaft itself? I would think it to be kind of hard to drill and tap that and keep the rod pinned in position.
              Last edited by jr_ss; 08-15-2013, 03:13 PM.
              VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

All the feeds/returns go through those passages. There are separate lubrication oil galleys, but they're separate from those VVL passages if that's what you're asking about.

Comment

I'm asking if the rocker shaft feeds the rockers through the center of the shaft. Obviously the return, exhaust and oil feed can be drilled and tapped, but I think the intake side of things would be more complicated, no?
                  VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

All the oil supply for VVL operation is right there and the solenoids control it. I hear you don't even need a return since there's a ~1 mm dia bleed/splash lube hole on the rockers.

Or maybe I'm still not following.

Comment

I understand that all the feeds and the return is there. I'm either not explaining it well enough or you're not following.

You asked, "Can you just drill and tap the passages on the head?"

Which for the majority of them you can. However, the intake rockers oil supply is through the rocker retaining shaft(that large circle that looks like a flat blade screw driver would fit it), based on the factory solenoid plate.

My question was, how would one drill/tap the rocker retaining shaft and keep it secured in the head, without a plate to do so? I'm not sure if the retaining shaft can slide out of the back of the head, but it surely looks like it could with that plate off.
                      VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Ahhh... I got ya. I'd have to mess with the head to see if it could go anywhere and if it'd leak just tapping the shaft.

I'm pretty sure Mike (Tower240SX) used aftermarket solenoids and drilled and tapped that stuff. I've considered it, since the Mazworx stuff is freaking HEAVY for what it is.

Comment

I'm almost certain that they will only slide out the front of the head, but how tight is the sealing around the rocker shaft? I guess it's plausible, but like you said, you'd have to mess with one to find out.

Mike, care to chime in?
                          VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Anyone have the pigtails for the p11 solenoids by chance? Or know what connectors they are?

Also could he bring a template of the ports to a machine shop and have them router out the openings similar to a p11 piece and just tap the plate himself?

Comment

I can grab you a picture of my connectors if you'd like.
                              VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Working...
                              X