LS1 powered track 240s'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 powered track 240s'

so i tried the KA route, dabbled in the SR ways and finally settled on tearing my S14 apart and slabbering it with gratuitous amounts of torque and high rpm power.

so i'm curious about whom among us track their 240's with LS power. i track my car either drag, road course, or drift at least once every two months. i love the power delivery and the ease of maintenance. and having just recently added HP tuners to my mod list, i'm totally loving the tuneability/standalone qualities of the swap.

i know of the few more notorious swappers out there ripping up the esses (mmbd) but i wanted to rattle the sabre a little and call for a head count.

who stands in the LSX court here on NRR?

It's mmdb :P +1 Btw how's your car handling? Anything special you had to do to tweak it for the circuit?

Comment

I have a built LS1 waiting to be installed in my roadrace S13. I am concurrently getting it street legal so I don't have to tow to local autocross events.

I might try drag since I should be putting down close to 400, but can't say that I'd invest in drag radials just for that. I might try drifting too, as long as I can be relatively sure I won't hit something, because I have a feeling I might suck at it.

jmauld is pretty close to getting his S14/LS1 on the road.

Comment

I am working on finishing up my LS1 swap. The motor is about to get prepped and it'll just be a matter of installing it and hoping I do the wiring correctly after that, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by mmdb View Post
          It's mmdb :P +1 Btw how's your car handling? Anything special you had to do to tweak it for the circuit?

my bad, d's b's apples, oranges...

i have been saving up for a HLSD for this season, haven't been out to the track since last year. our time attack season starts in March.

interesting tid-bit though for all that are finishing up their swaps, i cut an incredible 11 seconds off my previous best lap time after swapping in my LS with no changes to my suspension or tires.

Comment

Originally posted by awd4life View Post
            my bad, d's b's apples, oranges...

i have been saving up for a HLSD for this season, haven't been out to the track since last year. our time attack season starts in March.

interesting tid-bit though for all that are finishing up their swaps, i cut an incredible 11 seconds off my previous best lap time after swapping in my LS with no changes to my suspension or tires.
            What was your previous setup and at which track?

Comment

I am definitely anxious to do this myself Might happen this year but I'm sold on the pros/cons of the LS motor.
              "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

I'm kind of keen on the VQ idea. I think I would be happy if I could get a nice 300whp with a good powercurve and a lot of reliability. Though, I am still thinking about just going back to a 50trim.
                Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

Cory: Broaner on FA is hunting for a buyer for his VQ stuff.

Comment

I'm still long term at this point. I have a deployment coming up for thinking/saving time.
                    Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado S14 View Post
                      What was your previous setup and at which track?
                      stock KA24DE with around 170k for the last track day, exact same suspension/tires minus a bit shorter sway bar links that i modded to clear my GTO oil pan. all at my local 1.5mi track, haven't been out of town with my 240 yet been really digging the drag and time attack scene locally lately.

i'm shooting for at least a second cut off my best during this season, hopefully from a nice useable LSD and possibly some spray on the straights!!!!

Comment

i have a ls1 swap running and racing.

my previous setup was a stock KA with a header and a cold air intake (lol)

did not change the feel of the car too much. + about 160-180 lbs, i dont have exact numbers yet from the scales.

I feel like a significant percentage of that weight will be spread about both axles. the t56 trans is MUCH heaver than the nissan trans, whereas the motor is only slightly more hefty. If i had been turbo, it would have been even closer, yet the trans is weight near the bottom of the car and the turbo is higher up.

I need HLSD.. the VLSD i have cant keep up, at all.

Lsx is definitely the way to go. EASY swap, EASY wiring, easy to get it up and running. Tuning the motor is stupid easy, and you already have a "standalone" engine management from the factory. you would be pushing 800hp before you have to worry about messing with the ECU.
                        Parts are cheap, installing them is easy, ect. You just cant beat 50+years of developing a engine design. The cam swap took less than a hour (out of the car).
                        1992 LS13
                        385whp/370tq

Comment

I have one that I am working on. Should be done soon, just have the wiring and exhaust left. Once I get some seat time Ill start messin with aero a little more.

Comment

I spy with my little eye sexy black RPF1s.
                            ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                            ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

moar fuel for the fire!!!

this was at a DA of 4700ft on a dynojet, MS3 cam, LS6 intake, 1 5/8" long tubes, crappy ported 853 (LS1 casting cylinder heads).

hoping to flatten the bump in the torque curve near the end of this track season with some nicely ported 243 (corvette heads).

still waiting on the JPG files.

Comment

Working...
                              X