AEM Infinity to SR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEM Infinity to SR20

So, I'm not the best with wiring stuff, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get my Infinity 6 to work with my Wiring Specialties Pro Harness (With S13 SR ECU connector). I'm not aware of any PNP adapter harnesses for the S13 SR (AEM has one for the S14 connector), so I bought an ECU header to make my own, but now I'm not sure what universal harness I should buy and/or exactly what wires go where. Has anyone else done this already? Any suggestions? I of course have the ECU pinout, so my questions lie more with the AEM side and matching the AEM descriptions of the wire functions to the Nissan ones. If that makes any sense, lol.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
    96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

I built my own harness. It really isn't that bad after you measure out some runs in the engine bay.

Are you trying to use the stock harness? I honestly think that'll be more trouble than it's worth given you'll probably use less than 12-16 wires off the stock harness. If anything I'd just chop the stock ecu connector off and then strip out unused runs.

You'll still need a separate sub harness for all the other sensors, so you'll probably run more wires in that than you use in the stock harness.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I have a brand new Wiring Specialties pro harness that's setup for AEM series 2, so I was hoping to just make a patch harness rather than tear up the brand new one, lol.

96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Do you really think it'd save you much time to use it? You could use the lengths as a baseline to build a new harness. It really goes pretty quick once you buy some wire and connectors.

Comment

Would seem silly for me to not use a brand new clean harness, lol. I figured a simple patch harness wouldn't be a huge deal to make vs a whole engine harness.

Comment

You're still going to need quite a few other wires. I'd recommend a fuel and oil press sensor at a minimum.

Comment

For the Infinity? I have those for gauges currently, but I wasn't aware that the ECU needed them as well.

Comment

I would strongly suggest it. Fueling model will take fuel pressure into account, oil pressure can be incorporated as a failsafe.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder if the wiring specialties harness made for the I6 has that stuff built in. I was pondering just selling my harness and buying one already setup. I honestly hate doing wiring, it has always been my achilles heel with modifying cars.

Comment

Working...
                  X