Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nistune Feature Pack: E85, Launch Control, & more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nistune Feature Pack: E85, Launch Control, & more...

I didn't find any info on the nistune website, but my buddy Nick is Beta testing one of the units for the Z32. These features should be available for all Nissan Nistune platforms soon.

http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=222663
    First 300ZX to break 500whp on the Stock Turbo/Stock Long Block, boost only, no meth.
    Currently building sub-2800# 300zx Twin BW 6258 EFR, AMB Aero, TA-U & Road Race Car.

Matt from nistune has tested it in his skyline and s14 as well. Currently it requires a zietronix unit as that converts the sensor signal into a 0-5v signal for the ecu. He's got something in the works which will work the same but be cheaper.

Fan control is also pretty handy!

Comment

I'm definitely pumped on this. I'm about to switch over to E85 and build a second tune, but it would be nice to throw a tank of gasoline every now and then without having to swap maps and deal with the funky running for a few minutes.

It would also be nice for the drives down to Mineral Wells and other places that don't have E85 as readily available.

Comment

Link needs registration. Cliffs on how it works? Sounds like it just scales fuel maps with a 0-5V input? Does it change the global K value? What about ignition timing?
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

From what I have read on the forum, it seems to work like most others do flex fuel. You write a map for 100% gasoline and one for E85 and it will ratio between the two depending on ethanol content. It does require sending the ecu back to have the port for the flex fuel sensor added and a firmware update to get the second map. I'm sure it would probably be best to get 5 gallons of E98 to blend so you know the ethanol tune is for the high end of the pump station content scale.

It also sounds like Matt has coded in a global injection multiplier to get away from adjusting the K value for MAF and injector size changes. This would help take some of the weird load scaling changes out of the equation when the K value is adjusted.

It is probably still not as flashy as Haltech or AEM Infinity, but should be a good step forward for those of us wanting a reliable setup while we work on building a second engine.

Comment

What's the cost for all that setup? Sounds pricey with ecu modding by someone.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I haven't seen the upgrade cost. Normally there isn't one for the firmware updates, but I'm sure there will be one to have someone add the port and reflash it.

I would assume it wouldn't be far off the $50 install service most charge if you already have Nistune. That would have my entire Nistune setup at under $400 since a friend soldered in the initial board and has a tuner license so I didn't have to cough up for that.

It's more than enough for my current setup so I can enjoy the car while I source parts for a built engine.

Comment

Dave is a local guy to me and helps on the EE side of the development on these. If I recall, the above statement is true, around $400. We have one on a customer car right now. Very nice setup for those looking to save a bit of money.
                My Blog | Unfriendly Garage | Endurance Motorsports

Comment

I have been using Nistune for the past 5 years to tune my Calum ecu. I originally bought a license for it because it could log and trace the maps and record the air/fuel readings, which made it much easier to self-tune. I am missing out on a few control mods (fan, launch, boost control) that are specific to Matt's daughterboard, but the tuning functions are there. The think I like is that there is continuous development. My KA for example, in the past year there seems to be a lot better understanding of how the VE maps work.
                  "To an engineer, the glass is neither half empty nor half full. It is twice as big as it needs to be."
                  '96 Nissan 240SX KA-T
                  '05 Grand Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                  X