Haltech PS2000 settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haltech PS2000 settings...

Alright, I've got a base tune for the car, however, I'm having some difficulty getting it to fire. I am not getting spark and I believe the issue stems from my Hall Sensor setup in the Haltech.

I am using the Mazworx sensor kit on my VET. It comes with the install and setup instructions for an AEM. Obviously, those instructions are not going to work for me. The Haltech has a preconfigured setup, that is drop-down menu based, unlike AEM's, which you can input data into almost all fields. I'm reaching out to see if anyone here is familiar with this sensor, the Haltech setup procedure, and anything pertaining to this.

I appreciate your time guys.
    VVL S14 on KW's...

Well, I found part of my problem. The sensor was wired up with two +12v switched sources and no ground. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the actual settings. FML, out comes the harness AGAIN...
    VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

How many wires is the sensor? Search and ask you question about setup on the haltech forum if you need to or haven't already I think I seen a topic on this awhile back over there.

Comment

It's a 4 wire sensor. My settings for the trigger are setup as recommended by Haltech, however, it wasn't firing, so we thought there may be an issue with their settings.
        VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Found the issue. The sensor was wired correctly at the male/female connection, however at the ECU it was incorrectly wired. Some investigative testing led me to figuring it out. I now have spark but we are still trying to get it to fire. It's back fired a few times, but that's it. I think my timing settings may be wrong but I have to do a few data logs of cranking for the base tuner to figure it out.
          VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Do you have the right rising or falling edge triggers set?
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Trigger and home are both set to falling per Haltech instructions. Trigger type is set to multi-tooth general with angle set at 73*. Tooth offset is 5, with 12 teeth.

Ignition settings are direct fire and spark edge is set to falling. Dwell is constant charge and set to 4ms, with the ignition lock disengaged.

I suppose I could mess around with the rising/falling edges to see if anything changes. I'm waiting for a cable to hook my wideband signal to the ECU so I can include that in my data log.
              VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

A timing light is probably where I'd go next.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                  A timing light is probably where I'd go next.
                  I'll see if I can find a wire to use. I no longer have the loop in the coil harness.
                  VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

I got a $5 plug lead off a lawn mower or something like that at Autozone and used that between the coil and plug - works like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                      I got a $5 plug lead off a lawn mower or something like that at Autozone and used that between the coil and plug - works like a champ.
                      Didn't even think about that, awesome-sauce. Thanks.
                      VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

So after some more setup and adjusting, I got the car to fire. Trigger angle was off by nearly 50* and the tooth offset needed to be at 0. Car will fire rev up slightly then fizzle out. I think I'm getting too much fuel, which I'll mess around with tomorrow. Really need my Wideband hooked up for that though.
                        VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

I found another issue that I'll have to get sorted out. MAP value is seeing 29psi(3bar) at idle which is effecting the idle/rev up/fizzle out. Once fired up the ECU is trying to add fuel for the "29psi" it's seeing and flooding the engine with petrol. I'm going to switch to the internal MAP sensor to get it sorted for now, but ultimately, the harness has to come out AGAIN and go back to ChaseBays.
                          VVL S14 on KW's...

Comment

Working...
                          X