Who here runs Nismotronic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here runs Nismotronic?

I have an SR powered S13. The Nismotronic looks like a good engine management compared to the alternatives (Nistune, Megasquirt, AEM, etc) especially when you consider bang for buck.

Who here has used it, knows someone who uses it or has a valid opinion and experience regarding it? Pro's and cons?

Modifying the ECU is not a problem for me. How is it to tune? Is it similar to the open source engine managements for other OEM's (Subaru, Mitsubishi) that retain the MAF?

I have no desire to go to a speed density system. I have a Z32 MAF and would rather stick with it and tune it similar to the open source method.

TIA

There's a similar thread here: http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=3673

The new version, NismotronicSA, supports MAF, as well as MAP (speed-density) and TPS (alpha-N) load sources, and allows you to program switching between the 3.

Cheers,
    Dave
    NismotronicSA Tuning Package/Powered by TunerCodeSA
    Speed-Density Tuning for Nissans

Comment

Is SA out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hydra View Post
        Is SA out yet?
        We're working on documentation and should have it out this month.

Thanks,
        Dave

Comment

NismotronicSA is now available!

Comment

Any user feedback on the Nismotronic stuff?
            I'm looking to finish my KA-t setup before Christmas.
            Originally posted by Matt93SE
            in engrish, it's all about the length of your shaft... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
              Any user feedback on the Nismotronic stuff?
              I'm looking to finish my KA-t setup before Christmas.
              Links to some Nismotronic feedback:
              sr20-forum.com/nismotronicsa/
              zilvia.net/nismotronicsa
              Nismotronic facebook group
              Nismotronic facebook page

Comment

I have a #62 ECU with Nismotronic on it but still have to re-pin my J4 harness and install a WB. I hope to get it done soon but...

Comment

We've installed two at the shop which we bought directly from Dave Blundell. Very nice system. One was on a red top s13 sr20 the other in a pulsar gti-r. Great results with both installs/tuning process.
                  My Blog | Unfriendly Garage | Endurance Motorsports

Comment

Here are updated links to the main Nismotronic info pages....

Main website: Nismotronic Webstore
                    NismotronicSA details: NismotronicSA Package
                    Software Download: Download NismotronicSA Software Demo
                    NismotronicSA Help Documentation: NismotronicSA Help
                    Nismotronic FB Group: Nismotronic FB Group
                    Nismotronic FB Page: Nismotronic FB Page

Comment

This is the second Nismotronic setup I have (prior was a 98 SE-R) and for a majority of the people, this system would be more than sufficient. I currently have it on a Type X Sr20 S14

I personally have great things to say about the system and will run it again if I do end up getting another vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by RalliartRsX View Post
                        This is the second Nismotronic setup I have (prior was a 98 SE-R) and for a majority of the people, this system would be more than sufficient. I currently have it on a Type X Sr20 S14

I personally have great things to say about the system and will run it again if I do end up getting another vehicle.
                        Grave digging a bit here but I'm considering putting this on my 98 240 with a S15 SR. they offer a S15 to S13 step down harness now so I can use a s13 ecu with Nismotronic on a S15 car.
                        Are you running yours with speed density by chance and what's your long term opinion on it at this time?

Currently just having Martin rom tune the factory S15 ecu. Car runs great and makes good power. I have no complaints there but I really want logging ability as well as SD and a few other features I don't have with just rom tunes.
                        98 240sx w/ S15 SR20DET, TD06 20g, FMIC, 3in exhuast, walbro, EBC,

Comment

Yes, speed density and MAF in parallel.

In all honesty, long term review in one word: FANTASTIC!!

The kicker to me was several fold
                          1) Could use a stock based ECU so no wire hassle
                          2) The very flat learning curve. Literally took me 2 mins to upload base MAP, setup my gauge layout and initiate all the devices I am using in conjunction with the ECU (MTXL wideband, GM 3 bar, DIYTUNE IAT, boost control solenoid). All the base device settings were there and only a small amount of tweakiung was necessary.
                          3) How robust the base map(s) were. Allowed me less time getting A/F dialed in and alllowed more time on sorting out the timing MAPS and the all important drivability portion of the MAP
                          4) It's most definitely not a replacement for say an AEM Infinity for instance, but it sure as hell gets about 90%+ of the job of what the Infinity is capable of!
                          5) The unparrallel support! I can email John ANY question, and he responds back to me usually in a few hours. A day at the longest. And no question is "too stupid" to ask. He will answer every and anything and offers remote tuning as well. Also, he is only 1.6 hrs North of me, so I drove there personally to have my initial ECU installed. The subsquent ones were sent via snail mail and turn around time was less than a week.

As I said, I am on my second (actually, 3rd in respect) Nismotronic setup. Apart from going to an Infinity (which is exponentially more than my $550 entry price), I am sticking with this ECU for a good while!!

Comment

Working...
                          X