Problem with surging idle.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with surging idle.....

I am trying to sort out issues with a recently built motor. Running an Enthalpy ECU, 8.8:1, Z32 MAF etc. When I first start the car it idles fine, no issues, when I drive I will have to rev it a bit at stops to make sure it does not die and when I bring it back to the garage after a bit of testing it will surge and "seek" for a solid idle from about 200rpm to 1500rpm, It will die eventually. Any ideas?

vacuum leak?
    I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Sure sounds like my setup before I recirculated the bov.
      -Monty

Comment

Sounds like a vacuum leak as well. You also need to open the IACV screw when installing cams. So the IACV duty cycle drops to a reasonable level. That won't make it die from a static idle like yours does, but does make the car prone to stalling when going to idle.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Haha, well all of those could be it, recirc BOV is coming soon. And a friend with a smoke machine is going to help track town any leaks.

I would have thought with the BOV that I would be able to use the throttle to settle it, but no way.

Comment

How do you have the lines ran to the idle air control valve? And what size are they?
            www.nonamemotorsports.com

Comment

having the same issue, so annoying. may have fixed it this weekend but i have a aem ems.

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

Working...
              X