AEM Tuning Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEM Tuning Questions

i posted this on aem forums too. figured someone on here can help.

I can post a screen shot if really needed.

at 2500rpm, .85 psi, tps @ 65%. O2 is 10.4 and defiantly richer cause the car starts to buck.
    at 2500rpm, .07 psi, tps @ 33%. O2 is 12.7.

For these conditions they both occupy just about the same cell on the map. the only thing different is throttle position. So then my question is which table do i adjust to fix this. boost comp map.

when the trottle is above 50% and changing quickly it throws in too much fuel.

is it the dtps accel table in accleration fuel? tip in is such a bitch to get right.

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

I don't know the AEM terminology, but it sounds like you've got too much tip-in. That's probably the tps accel fuel map. You need a little more fuel if there's a fast transient in the throttle, but it looks like you have too much. Where did the settings come from that you have in there?
    She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

the change was from old injectors to newer deachwerks, which screwed everything up.

someone on aem forums suggested throttle inject correct table. but i don't see many changes made to that in any of the base maps or tunes i have, which makes me think its not usually touched.

So i made some changes and i go try it out tomorrow.

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

The deal with tps accel maps is that, at least with the Haltech I used, it's in milliseconds. If you increase the injector size, 1ms of fuel is now a lot more than it used to be.
        She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Comment

Working...
        X