Brackets for 350Z Track Rotors and Wilwood Superlites - Batch #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by machine shop, earlier today,
    The parts should be machined late this week or early next week. So the parts should be completed around the beginning of the week of September 23rd.
    I also got clarification that part of the increase was on the plating side. Given how pleased I've been with the coating, I'd say it's still worth it.

Comment

Is it still possible to get in on these?? Also, how long will these be available (I figured I would ask considering the stipulations of the GB)??

Thanks!

Comment

I am waiting on a guy on silviav8forums to send me payment for two sets, and have sent him two unanswered messages so far. If I don't hear back from him by Friday, one set is yours.

Comment

Dude never responded. They're yours if you want em.

Also, heard back from the machine shop...one of their machines was down, so they are just getting to them tonight. I have a reply back to them asking how long plating and packaging will take.

Comment

Just heard back from the machine shop. The finished parts should ship to me by Friday, September 27 or Monday, September 30. They will only spend a day in transit since they're 3 hours away, and it will only take me a day or two to package them with the hardware and ship. So I should have them out the door mid to late next week.

Comment

Brackets are shipping today, as is the hardware. Everything should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

Comment

^That was TO me, to be clear.

Everything shipped (FROM me) this morning...you should get a tracking email from USPS, although I've found it to be laggy in the past and it should only take 2-3 bitness days for the packages to arrive for everyone except Sam. Please let me know if you do not receive your brackets by Wednesday, October 9.

Comment

Got everything in and it looks great thanks man.

Comment

I'm just wondering... How do these compare to def's setup?
                    Bigger rotors?
                    Moar braking?
                    1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                    1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                    2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Slightly larger rotor diameter, slightly thinner, way heavier. Wear faces are thicker since it's an oem rotor designed to go 100k mi.
                      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Black R View Post
                        I'm just wondering... How do these compare to def's setup?
                        Bigger rotors?
                        Moar braking?
                        Weighs more, costs less, easier to buy and install. So like with anything, you have to decide if you want to spend the extra coin to save weight with 2-piece rotors.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, 140 isnt that bad. If you decide to go with the lighter set up in the future all you need is the new bracket and rotors, which you would have to buy anyway. Plus, you could sell this bracket and get some of your money back. That's how I looked at it, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                            In the grand scheme of things, 140 isnt that bad. If you decide to go with the lighter set up in the future all you need is the new bracket and rotors, which you would have to buy anyway. Plus, you could sell this bracket and get some of your money back. That's how I looked at it, at least.
                            Or you can get the RacingBrake 2-piece 350Z Track rotors, which allow you to keep the brake torque AND save some weight.

Comment

<5% brake torque difference to 12.2" is probably something you will not even be able to feel. Racing Brake stuff is.... expensive. 12.19" x 1.25" rotors are available all over the place.
                              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                                <5% brake torque difference to 12.2" is probably something you will not even be able to feel. Racing Brake stuff is.... expensive. 12.19" x 1.25" rotors are available all over the place.
                                You know what's cheaper than 12.19" x 1.25" rotors, alumnium hats, and aircraft-grade fasteners? OTS rotors.

Lub yew Gheycob,
                                Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X