Garrett Turbo Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 240sxTTC View Post
    Just to clarify. The same turbine hsgs are used on the GT3071R, GT3076R, GTX3071R and GTX3076R. The comp hsg inlet (4.00") and outlet (2.00") dimensions are the same on the GT3071R, GT3076R, GTX3071R and GTX3076R. However, the GT3071R has an option for a smaller comp hsg with a 2.75" inlet, which would not be outline interchangeable with the GTX30R.
    Thanks for the clarification. On that same note, we have another customer that was looking at the GT3071r but wanted a T2 flange. That smaller version (listed as GT3071r(2)) on the site is the one that is interchangeable with the GT2860rs, correct?
    sigpic
    || Endurance Motorports ||

Comment

Originally posted by leetfade View Post
      Thanks for the clarification. On that same note, we have another customer that was looking at the GT3071r but wanted a T2 flange. That smaller version (listed as GT3071r(2)) on the site is the one that is interchangeable with the GT2860rs, correct?
      It isn't a true GT30 since it has a 56.5mm turbine wheel and should really be called a GT29. There are two versions, which have a T25 flange. They have different comp hsgs and different turbine hsg A/R's. Anyways, they are interchangeable on the turbine side and comp outlet as well as oil inlet and outlet. The comp inlet dimensions (2.75" or 4.00") are different than the GT2860RS.
      NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by 2_Liter_Turbo View Post
        My current twin scroll GT3071R has the 4" inlet. BTW, since you work for Garrett, how is the quality between my turbo and the GTX turbo? My turbo was manufactured about 4 years ago (I could be off by a year) I believe before the change in manufacturing locations. I've heard a lot of quality horror stories from newly made Garrett turbos...
        Not sure where you are getting your info but the GT30R has always been mfd in the same location. Garrett turbos have a great quality and reliability history. The new GTX will be no different. What are some of the quality horror stories you've heard?
        Last edited by 240sxTTC; 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM.
        NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

It isn't a true GT30 since it has a 56.5mm turbine wheel and should really be called a GT29. There are two versions, which have a T25 flange. They have different comp hsgs and different turbine hsg A/R's. Anyways, they are interchangeable on the turbine side and comp outlet as well as oil inlet and outlet. The comp inlet dimensions (2.75" or 4.00") are different than the GT2860RS.
          Not to completely derail the thread, but...

What are your thoughts on the "GT29" based turbos? They never seemed to get much love, but the speed match is probably better between the wheels on something like a "GT2971R."
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
            Not to completely derail the thread, but...

What are your thoughts on the "GT29" based turbos? They never seemed to get much love, but the speed match is probably better between the wheels on something like a "GT2971R."

They are HKS turbos and were designed for maximum turbine flow in T25 hsgs so they would bolt up to stock Nissan manifolds on CA18, SR20 and RB engines.

They work well in applications that need more turbine flow but can't fit true GT30 turbine hsg. I'm not a huge fan of them because the turbine efficiency is low because there is barely a contour. The trimmed down GT30 wheel (56.5mm) is too large for the T25 turbine hsg. The wheel match is barely better compared to a GT2871R but overall it's worse because of the reduction in turbine efficiency. A larger 60mm GT30 turbine wheel (8pts higher turbine eff) will out spool it any day. Some applications just can't fit a true GT30.
            NASA Time Trials TT3

BTW I work for Garrett

Comment

Keep in mind there are T2-frame turbine housings made for the full-size 60mm GT30 turbine as well. ATP and HKS make these, and they're very well-designed, at least the HKS piece is...

Comment

They are HKS turbos and were designed for maximum turbine flow in T25 hsgs so they would bolt up to stock Nissan manifolds on CA18, SR20 and RB engines.

They work well in applications that need more turbine flow but can't fit true GT30 turbine hsg. I'm not a huge fan of them because the turbine efficiency is low because there is barely a contour. The trimmed down GT30 wheel (56.5mm) is too large for the T25 turbine hsg. The wheel match is barely better compared to a GT2871R but overall it's worse because of the reduction in turbine efficiency. A larger 60mm GT30 turbine wheel (8pts higher turbine eff) will out spool it any day. Some applications just can't fit a true GT30.
                Gotcha. Interesting info on the reduced turbine efficiency. I did notice they used very large wheel trims, probably for packaging like you stated.
                '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Not sure where you are getting your info but the GT30R has always been mfd in the same location. Garrett turbos have a great quality and reliability history. The new GTX will be no different. What are some of the quality horror stories you've heard?

Where are they made then? I've heard that they used to be made here in the states, but have thus been transferred to either Mexico or China (can't remember honestly). The "horror stories" were of premature bearing failure and poor castings of the compressor housings if I remember correctly. Mind you, this is all internet hearsay, and I actually have no hard facts. Which is why I was asking the questions to someone who actually works there, ha ha.

www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
                  96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

Comment

Ok guys. We are live on Zilvia so we are going to re-open this group buy. We are clearing out the first page of interests just because things could have changed as it's been a while. Hopefully everyone that is interested has their nice check from Uncle Sam and is able to get in on it this time. It should be much easier to get the 10 people with adding Zilvia in the mix.

If you are interested in getting a Garrett (doesn't have to be the GTX2867r), please let us know and we will add you to the list. Once we crack the 5 barrier we will have to start collecting funds to get the order together. The first people to pay will be the first to get their turbos, plain and simple.
                    sigpic
                    || Endurance Motorports ||

Comment

Working...
                    X