Garrett Turbo Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Turbo Group Buy

We are getting close to the end of the month and I figured it's probably better to move this to the group buy section.

For those that haven't seen yet, we wanted to take advantage of the new release of the GTX2867r turbo from Garrett and offer a deal to the NRR community. We have negotiated a group buy pricing for ANY Garrett turbo but the primary focus is the new 2867.

The pricing tiers look like this:

Number Purchased | Price Per Unit
    1-4 | $1,275
    5-9 | $1,175
    10+ | $1,095

These prices are for the GTX2867r turbocharger. You will need to purchase a housing to go with this. The most popular for this turbo would be the .64 A/R housing. Other options are the TiAl T25/28 V-band and then various other A/R options depending on your performance / power band preference. We are discounting the housings as well to try to save the NRR community as much as possible.

If you are interested in a different turbo by Garrett, just let us know and I will see what we can do on the price as it is included in this group buy.

Depending on what housing option you want, you can have this turbo for around the $1,300 range which is what most are selling just the turbo itself for. If everyone is purchasing a housing I have already prepared my distributor to get ready to make a great group buy price on the housings as well.

We are wanting to close this out this month which is why I wanted to get a clean post up in the Group Buy section. We can extend for a short period of time as needed, but I am always concerned about price increases by the manufacturer so we can't drag it on forever.

List of Buyers:
    This list is solely for tracking and does not commit anyone to a purchase

The turbos will go out on a first paid, first shipped order (once the minimum of 10 buyers has been reached).
    Last edited by leetfade; 02-22-2012, 07:30 AM.
    sigpic
    || Endurance Motorports ||

What size gtx series turbo comes in a t4 exhaust housing? Odd question, but I got an insane deal on a super baller t4 manifold.

Comment

Not really odd. Basically, anything 3071r +. What motor / goals do you have?

Hell you're close enough to come pick it up too!
      sigpic

Comment

Sr20VEt with stock cams, upgraded springs. Going for 8500-9000 shift point, 450-500whp. I'll be on e85

Comment

Mmmmm... VE goodness!

Well, you can go with a GTX3076r which is a very nice turbo. It caps out around 640hp (per Garrett site) with T4 v-band housing options at .63, .82, or 1.06 A/R. It is ball bearing and water / oil cooled (pretty sure all GTX models are).

There are quite a few over that as well but that would likely be what I'd recommend as I'm one of those why go too big type people. You can definitely go bigger but it's just going to get harder and harder for that 2.0 to spool.
          sigpic

Comment

So I read up some and I think the gtx3071r will work best; next question do I go with the .86 or .63 exhaust housing? I imagine the .86 will be a little laggy, but think I may need it to flow up top.

Yes I have a 1jz setup that I have pieced together, but I've decided to stay sr so my options to make it more reliable and faster are the VE. Know anyone looking for a 1jz swap?

Comment

Hmm not currently but it's a pretty popular swap. I'm sure it wouldn't be tough to sell!

I actually just went through Garrett's boost adviser and it gave me the 3071r as well. Hey I was close off the cuff!! HA!

I don't think the .86 will be THAT laggy. Are you looking for more up-top HP or earlier full spool? I would think with that set-up you would want to go the .86 as well but there are others on there that know much better than I.
              sigpic

Comment

If someone could chime in that would be great. For off the cuff you did great! I want usable power not necessarily peaky power

Comment

So what's the timeframe that you'd want payment?

And how quick would the turnaround be?

Comment

The payment would be at the time of order.

Per Garrett's update today, the turn-a-round time is 8-10 weeks. If I can do anything to speed that up I will, but that is the quote from Garrett.

I can tell you that I do my best to stay on top of any back ordered parts to keep everyone up-to-date on what's going on and to make sure it keeps pushing forward.

I wish I could say order X day and get on day Y but it's dependent on place in the order (based off who pays first, obviously) and current stock and I do not want to mislead anyone.
                    Last edited by leetfade; 01-20-2012, 08:55 AM. Reason: Corrected time frame
                    sigpic

Comment

Would the pricing on a 3071 or 3076 be about the same? Looking at using these on a built KA.
                      Originally posted by Matt93SE
                      in engrish, it's all about the length of your shaft... :P

Comment

I will verify what I can get them for if added in the group buy. GT or GTX?
                        sigpic

Comment

GTX of course.
                          Originally posted by Matt93SE
                          in engrish, it's all about the length of your shaft... :P

Comment

Hey, gotta make sure! I've learned you don't assume anything.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok, guys.. Just heard back from Garrett and they're saying 8-10 weeks to get the turbos done. Either they got a huge influx of orders for this turbo or they just didn't prepare.. hard to say.

Wanted to make sure we're upfront on that going in as it's definitely longer than I had anticipated.

Bubba,

The GTX3071r is looking like $1,175 if done in the group buy (+ housing). He forgot to quote the 3076 so I have him checking that as well.

EDIT: The GTX3076r would be $1,150 with the group buy (+ housing) and there are currently 4 in stock at the distributor's warehouse.
                              Last edited by leetfade; 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X