RLCA delrin bushing kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLCA delrin bushing kit

So the drawing are in and we are finding the manufacturing for the bushings; this being said the bad part is coming in asking for money for your bushings.

I need list of people who for sure want a set of the S14 RLCA bushings.

Delrin has a very low coefficient of friction, even in a wet (submerged environment) has a very low rate of absorption, has a very small % of change, and had a hardness rating of 85 on the Durometer. All these qualities together making it great for tight tolerance long service applications.

They are similar to the poly bushings in design; they insert from either side ,and then will have a sleeve that slides through the middle. This being said a full set will consist of 8 pieces of delrin and 4 sleeves. The sleeves I am looking for will most likely be "Oil Lite" bronze sleeves/bearings.

With Tower's help I am trying to cut down the cost to around $100/set +shipping. I want to have 10 sets committed to before I give the go ahead. So lets get the ball rolling!

1. Bexe
    Last edited by BEXE; 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM.

1. Bexe
    2. NismoPlsr

Are you going to have choice of s13 or s14/15?
    S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

And these will be used solely with the OEM RLCAs, no?

Comment

Yes they will be for OEM RLCA's if you want to Mic out and make an aftermarket setup to use them that will work also.

S14/S15 are the same; I modeled these for an S14; and I believe from the diagrams and P/N's I have checked the S13 uses the same bushings, but has different arms. If i am wrong please let me know.

Comment

Sure
          'Slicks on a car show me you care - broken axles show me you're trying'
          [I]Nitrous Rental Cars - Turbo Festivas - Vehicular Lunacy[/I]
          [SIZE="3"][B][url]www.sloppymechanics.com[/url][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by BEXE View Post
            S14/S15 are the same; I modeled these for an S14; and I believe from the diagrams and P/N's I have checked the S13 uses the same bushings, but has different arms. If i am wrong please let me know.
            From what I have found (I haven't measured myself), both the arms and the bushings are different. The differences being the bushing shell part of the arm is wider along with the bushing within. So the s14 version would have to be trimmed to fit in the s13.

Energy Suspension lists a different part number for s13 vs s14 for their RLCA kits.
            S13 - 7.3115
            S14 - 7.3119

Since the NISMO bushings are discontinued it is hard to find an concrete answer but i have seen multiple part numbers listed there also.
            S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

S13 measurements for you:

Sleeve is 45 mm long
              Od is 20.5 mm
              Id is 12.4 mm

Bushing
              Length is 37.5 mm
              Od is 33 mm

Hope that makes sense and is helpful
              1992 LS13
              385whp/370tq

Comment

So 110% my screw-up for trusting p/n's from another company. The s13 bushings are different. I will look into getting a drawing and plan together for those also. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyAce View Post
                  Sure
                  Does that mean add you to the list?

Comment

Originally posted by BEXE View Post
                    So 110% my screw-up for trusting p/n's from another company. The s13 bushings are different. I will look into getting a drawing and plan together for those also. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
                    No worries. I am just trying to help out. Is it just the length that is different? If so i don't think it should matter too much to the machinist, like i said just shave some down to fit s13's.
                    S12 || N13 || S13 || B16

Comment

Per my measurement the O.D. Is .2994mm larger on an s14. The total length when the two bushings are pressed in from either side give the 33mm of contact length; so basically if the machinist turned the bushings down another .2994 mm they'd be good for an S13

Comment

I seem to remember that the S13 and S14 RLCA dimensions were the same... I guess the bushings are not. But if it's just the stack height being different, I'll live with throwing them on my POS unless I go with chinaspeed or egay-spec RLCAs and mod them...

Comment

the with between the arm mount tabs is wider on S14's so you always need bushings designed for the subframe you are using...

all the parts for the s13 appear to need to be 3mm shorter (please don't take mm beyond 2 decimal places unless we are dealing with bearing grades or honed/lapped/ground things it makes my brain shiver)
                          I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Haha sorry; I'm used I dealing in inches. Good to know on the widths.

Comment

well...the dimension you gave was in mm right? (actually it looks like it was in CM since .3mm is only.012 inches and i know the gap is larger than that...hence i assumed 3mm)
                              I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Working...
                              X