Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DefSport 12.2" Wilwood Superlite Front Brake Kit GB Part 2!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you have a hawk account?

    That was the other part I was considering when I went to the Willwood HD rotors. Turned out Summit's pricing on the willwood HD was still good enough for that to be the best option at the time.

    I've not bothered to check if hawk contingency bucks are worth anything on the rotors... be super dope if it worked that way though.
    '95 240sx

    Comment


    • Check Coleman Machine. They're more expensive than Wilwood on rotors, but I've been extremely happy with the quality.
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
        Do you have a hawk account?

        That was the other part I was considering when I went to the Willwood HD rotors. Turned out Summit's pricing on the willwood HD was still good enough for that to be the best option at the time.

        I've not bothered to check if hawk contingency bucks are worth anything on the rotors... be super dope if it worked that way though.
        Last time I looked into it, I didn't do enough volume to do a direct account with Hawk. Their DTC rotors are pretty nice though. Maybe CodyAce will finally update us with his experience. He got some from me before my distributor yanked them because the margin was too low.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


        DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
          Check Coleman Machine. They're more expensive than Wilwood on rotors, but I've been extremely happy with the quality.
          I don't think anybody wants to pay more than what Wilwood wants. I'm really going after some 70 vane AP Racing J-hooks, but we'll see if the pricing makes sense if I get this account.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


          DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

          Comment


          • Curved vane, heavy-duty, $80 ea
            http://www.colemanracing.com/Brake-R...ane-P4670.aspx

            lightweight, straight vane, $58 ea
            http://www.colemanracing.com/Brake-R...ane-P4669.aspx

            IMO, if I'm spending $1000 on a brake setup, an $85 rotor that lasts multiple seasons isn't a problem...

            But hey, that's your choice.. I made my own kit
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

            Comment


            • No reason to be an arse about it. FWIW, that's significantly cheaper than the HD Wilwood rotors, which are above $120/ea now. I was expecting them to be more like $150+/ea which is pretty pricey for a rotor that will not last multiple seasons with a lot of power behind them. They last forever on lower powered cars though.

              I'm trying to get something setup on AP Racing j-hooks, if not, I'll look into getting a bunch of Colemans for guys, or drop shipping them.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


              DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

              Comment


              • not being an ass... just informing you of options. you expected something and didn't verify.

                Last time I bought 10 sets of rotors, there was also a huge price break.. like $135/ea to $85 ea for the pile of custom rotors I had made.
                Originally posted by SoSideways
                I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                '96 240SX- The Track Toy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                  not being an ass... just informing you of options. you expected something and didn't verify.

                  Last time I bought 10 sets of rotors, there was also a huge price break.. like $135/ea to $85 ea for the pile of custom rotors I had made.
                  Well, you did JUST say that they're more expensive than Wilwood rotors.


                  Honestly, Coleman's site reminds me of 1993... it's near impossible to find stuff on there and what exactly you're looking at beyond some vague abbreviation.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                  DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                  Comment


                  • Also, I'd rather try to get away from stocking rotors, as shipping to me, and out to customers kills everything. There just isn't enough price break at the quantities we are talking about to have it all make sense.
                    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                    DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                    Comment


                    • That's why you pick up the phone and call them. yeah, their site leaves a lot to be desired, but if you call and speak to them you'll find they're pretty durn smart. and helpful.
                      For a group deal, you can buy in quantity and get a price break. for everyday sales, you pays a bit more..

                      The $130 rotors listed above were a custom-cut size, which is they they were so expensive. They took a 13" x 1.25" and cut it down to 12.6" x 1.1 (Maxima/350Z size). That's a lot of extra machine work to make that happen and I don't expect cheap prices on a custom size. Their off the shelf rotors are much less expensive.
                      Originally posted by SoSideways
                      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Def View Post
                        I don't think anybody wants to pay more than what Wilwood wants. I'm really going after some 70 vane AP Racing J-hooks, but we'll see if the pricing makes sense if I get this account.
                        The last time I checked, they were something like $140-150 each, which is a good deal IMO.

                        Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                        Curved vane, heavy-duty, $80 ea
                        http://www.colemanracing.com/Brake-R...ane-P4670.aspx

                        lightweight, straight vane, $58 ea
                        http://www.colemanracing.com/Brake-R...ane-P4669.aspx

                        IMO, if I'm spending $1000 on a brake setup, an $85 rotor that lasts multiple seasons isn't a problem...

                        But hey, that's your choice.. I made my own kit
                        Damn, those are better deals than I seem to remember.

                        Comment


                        • I'd rather keep these threads about the group buy. Please don't turn them into a for sale thread.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                          DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X