Closeout of 12.2" DefSport/Skullworks Wilwood kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closeout of 12.2" DefSport/Skullworks Wilwood kits

ALL LEFT OVER KITS ARE SOLD OR SPOKEN FOR!!!

All kits left are 5 lug.

Information is found here in the first post: http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=2078

Pricing will be higher than the GB price due to spreading out shipping over far fewer orders, higher pricing on a few items in the hardware kit, and the fact that the GB participants were kind enough to fund the material/machining/anodizing/part buying before it all happened. Time value of money and all that...

Pricing for the kit is as follows:

$350 for the kit (brackets + hats)
    $50 for the hardware (all the hat bolts/mil-spec jet nuts/special washers/caliper bolts)
    $15 shipping in the US

The other pricing issue is that a few of the caliper brackets have some acid/oil spotting that occured prior to anodizing. Some are worse than others, but they will all be sold at the same discounted rate. It's purely a cosmetic thing, with some small grey spotting on only one side of the brackets. They are all still Mil-Spec anodized. IMO after a little brake dust I don't even think you could tell if you were looking right at the bracket, and they are not very visible when installed. For a set of cosmetically marked brackets I'll knock off $15 off the kit price. I have 3 cosmetically marked bracket sets.

So there's a choice of a cosmetically good or cosmetically flawed caliper bracket when purchasing. Price shipped is either $415 for uniformly anodized brackets or $400 for brackets with markings.

Paypal is thedefone a t yahoo do t com. Please check with me to ensure availability prior to payment. Make sure to put in your NRR screen name, and address, and what the payment is for in the payment details!!!!!
    Last edited by Def; 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Have a kit with uniform anodizing?

Comment

I don't care about the fronts.. when you going to make a rear set to match?
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

You have a pm.
        My Blog | Unfriendly Garage | Endurance Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
          I don't care about the fronts.. when you going to make a rear set to match?
          I'm thinking about it... Still seems like lots o' money even though I've found Hawk HP+ do not live very long in the rear.

Comment

Updated the first post, 5 sets left.

Comment

That's why I want more pad in the rear. I've been running dynalites w/ HT-10 up front and Z32 rears with HP+ (I thought they were HT10 but found they were HP+ when I pulled them out last time.) The front pads almost outlast the rears.

Sooo I'm thinking a Superlite front and dynalite rear setup would be rockstar.. the dynalite pads are about twice the size and volume of the Z32 rear pads, so I'd expect probably a 3x increase in pad life and the cost is 1/3 the Z32 rears. ($59/set of HT10 for dynalite vs. $129 or so for Z32)..

If you don't do it, I will... But I'd prefer someone else to do the legwork.
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Hey there Def. I've been lurking on the site for a while, but never came across the group buy until recently. Anyways, I will take a one of the blemished sets if you have one remaining. If not, I will still order one of the unblemished sets. I'm ready to paypal right away. Thanks!
                Last edited by darthN1SMO; 01-07-2011, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darthN1SMO View Post
                  Hey there Def. I've been lurking on the site for a while, but never came across the group buy until recently. Anyways, I will take a one of the blemished sets if you have one remaining. If not, I will still order one of the unblemished sets. I'm ready to paypal right away. Thanks!
                  First blemished set is all yours (as soon as payment is received of course!).

Comment

Money is sent to you Def! Thanks, I cannot wait to get them. Unfortunately it's probably gonna be a good 3 or 4 months before all the snow melts and I can really put them to good use. I really hate Minnesnowta sometimes...

Comment

At least you can get Surly.
                      ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                      ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

Mmmmm rears would be tasty also...
                        1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
                        1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
                        2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Two paid for kits were shipped out this morning.

Is there really interest in the rear kits? The price would probably go up around $50 without the usage of your drum ebrake(higher hat offset is more material and more machining), more if I designed something to use the drum brake.

It would just be pricey to save a little on pads. But if you guys really want it I can get around to it.

Comment

I'm in for a set that doesn't use the drum brake.
                            I was thinking I'd simply use the same hats as the front and same/smaller rotors with a bracket to make the caliper fit on the same hats.
                            That would save designing a hat and a bracket- you just size the bracket to fit.
                            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Changing the design is pretty trivial, a beer or two and it's all done (hopefully right!), it's that each one has to be machined.

I am thinking about a setup that comes pretty close to the weight of a 2 pc setup and is much lower initial buy-in fee. You can nitpick a few lbs of weight here and there all over our cars for the average build IMO.

I'll do some searching then some up with something.

Comment

Working...
                              X