• 2Fass240us
    replied
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• RalliartRsX
    replied
    Here is a quick and dirty for anyone wondering about weights

- Empty Scale (no rotor, calipers, etc) : +0lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors (20.38lbs) : +20.38lbs; Total 20.38lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets (20.74 - 20.36 = 0.38lbs item weight) : +0.38lbs; Total 20.74lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) (25.46 - 20.74 = 4.72lbs item weight) : +4.72lbs; Total 25.46lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) + SS brakeline (25.72 - 25.46 = 0.26lbs item weight) : +0.26lbs; Total 25.72lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) + SS brakeline + Hawk HPS pads (27.82 - 25.72 = 2.1lbs item weight) : +2.1lbs; Total 27.82lbs

Pad #

For comparison purposes

Stock 240SX 300ZX Turbo GT-R (R34) Infiniti Q45
    Rotor Diameter: 10 inch 11 inch 11.6 inch 11 inch
    Rotor Thickness: 18mm 30mm 32mm 28mm
    Rotor Weight: 12.5 lbs 17.5 lbs 19 lbs 17.5 lbs
    Caliper Type: 1-piston sliding 4-piston fixed 4-piston fixed 2-piston sliding
    Caliper Weight: 9.5 lbs 6.5 lbs (alum), 10lbs (iron) 11lbs

So all in all, only about a 2-3lb jump over stock (25.46lbs vs 22lbs) and only a 1 - 2lb jump over 300ZX all aluminum setup (25.46lbs vs 24lbs)

Hope this helps people!

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    I thought about it, but you're talking about $$$ calipers to suit greater than 13" rotor generally.

Leave a comment:

• Troy Mc
    replied
    Has there been any thought on making a bracket to suit Wilwood calipers to the larger 14" 370z rotors on the s series?

Ben

Leave a comment:

• 2Fass240us
    replied
    I test-fitted a bracket on a friend's G35:

I think I'm down to 3 pairs, and am unlikely to make another batch for a long time. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

-Andy

Leave a comment:

• 2Fass240us
    replied
    Originally posted by davelai427 View Post
    I'm interested in purchasing a set as well. I also shot you a PM. thanks!
    I saw your PM but wanted to take my time to craft a good response. I'll send one tomorrow morning. Thank you both for your interest.

Leave a comment:

• davelai427
    replied
    I'm interested in purchasing a set as well. I also shot you a PM. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• venom350z
    replied
    Im interested in buying a pair.... if it works with my '03 350z touring edition. I'll save it up for a complete upgrade later with Wilwood 6 pistons and slotted crossed drilled track/brembo rotors.
    Last edited by venom350z; 08-27-2010, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    1.38" might work ok on a car without much brake transfer, but the 1.63" pistons do line up better with a full Z32 setup. It biases it up front a bit, but not a huge amount. One could go with a MC with a higher split point for the rear to give the rear a bit more bite if necessary. Because I can tell you a full Z32 setup all around and a non-Z32 MC is DANGEROUS. Way way too much rear bias.

1.5" pistons would honestly be the hot setup for our cars, but hard to see that happening. I have thought about a bracket for the rear to space out a Z32 caliper on a bigger rotor, but people seem reluctant to spend money on rears.

Leave a comment:

• McCoy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Fass240us View Post
    Thank you for sharing your setup and thoughts.

I need to get these things on eGay...I have 10 sets sitting around. Surprisingly (at least to me), only one guy bit on Zilvia. And that dumbass was asking if calipers were included for $125 shipped.
    Surprised... that he didn't ask if the performane pads would be included too

Leave a comment:

• 2Fass240us
    replied
    Thank you for sharing your setup and thoughts.

I need to get these things on eGay...I have 10 sets sitting around. Surprisingly (at least to me), only one guy bit on Zilvia. And that dumbass was asking if calipers were included for $125 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• KoukiS14
    replied
    So, I ended up with this front upgrade with Wilwood BP20 pads and a rear Z31/Altima/YellowStuff. It's biased 65/35, with 1.38" piston calipers up front and only about 1% greater total mechanical force than a stock S14, excluding the effect of the upgraded friction material. It breaks hard and flat, and is extremely well controlled and predictable.

My Z32 setup with EBC YellowStuff up front dove more under braking and was more prone to lockup. I think this is possibly the best inexpensive, easy street/track upgrade that one could do on a non-ABS S14. BTW, the master cylinder is a 15/16" and the pedal feels better than ever.

At first, I thought I might have chose wrong in regards to the 1.38" calipers up front, but I'm glad I didn't go bigger. There's enough power for any tire down to about 180 UTQG. A 140 or true R tire might benefit from the 1.63" piston size, but that would skew balance to the front, and, trust me, this is the best brake balance I've ever felt on any car.

Plus, if you look at the Wilwood kit for the 240, you'll see the same 1.38" calipers, although with BP-10 pads, which won't fair as well at higher temperatures. The 350Z Track rotor is within 0.1" in diameter and thickness of the Wilwood rotor. It just happens to weigh about 7 pounds more. And cost a whole lot less. For well under $1,000 for all four corners, this is the hot new big brake combo for me.

Leave a comment:

• 2Fass240us
    replied
    Originally posted by KoukiS14 View Post
    The Wilwood BP-20 pad is all you would ever need for street or track, and they're $80 at Summit.
    troof. I have used and speced Poly E's and BP-10's.

To be apples:apples though, I had to look at non-Wilwood compounds.

Leave a comment:

• KoukiS14
    replied
    The Wilwood BP-20 pad is all you would ever need for street or track, and they're $80 at Summit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X