Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a quick and dirty for anyone wondering about weights

- Empty Scale (no rotor, calipers, etc) : +0lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors (20.38lbs) : +20.38lbs; Total 20.38lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets (20.74 - 20.36 = 0.38lbs item weight) : +0.38lbs; Total 20.74lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) (25.46 - 20.74 = 4.72lbs item weight) : +4.72lbs; Total 25.46lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) + SS brakeline (25.72 - 25.46 = 0.26lbs item weight) : +0.26lbs; Total 25.72lbs

- Scale with Brembo 350Z track rotors + V2 Brackets + Wilwood Superlite 4 piston/1.38" (0.81" version, which is only a few ounces lighter than 1.25" version) + SS brakeline + Hawk HPS pads (27.82 - 25.72 = 2.1lbs item weight) : +2.1lbs; Total 27.82lbs

Pad #

For comparison purposes

Stock 240SX 300ZX Turbo GT-R (R34) Infiniti Q45
    Rotor Diameter: 10 inch 11 inch 11.6 inch 11 inch
    Rotor Thickness: 18mm 30mm 32mm 28mm
    Rotor Weight: 12.5 lbs 17.5 lbs 19 lbs 17.5 lbs
    Caliper Type: 1-piston sliding 4-piston fixed 4-piston fixed 2-piston sliding
    Caliper Weight: 9.5 lbs 6.5 lbs (alum), 10lbs (iron) 11lbs

So all in all, only about a 2-3lb jump over stock (25.46lbs vs 22lbs) and only a 1 - 2lb jump over 300ZX all aluminum setup (25.46lbs vs 24lbs)

Hope this helps people!

Comment

• Nice work!

Comment

• are you still selling these brackets?

Comment

• Originally posted by 350zslowness View Post
          are you still selling these brackets?
          Yes, on intervals depending on demand.

I responded to your PM; apologies on the delay.

Comment

• I ordered a small batch that should be to me by mid-Feb. Please let me know if anyone's interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Fass240us View Post
              I ordered a small batch that should be to me by mid-Feb. Please let me know if anyone's interested.
              Batch is gone. Please PM if interested in a set.

-Andy

Comment

• I have some kits left over from the last batch if anyone's interested.

Comment

• What are the rotor dims again?
                  Originally posted by SoSideways
                  I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                  '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                  '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt93SE View Post
                    What are the rotor dims again?
                    Diameter: 12.76" / 324mm
                    Thickness: 1.18" / 30mm

Comment

• How much would it cost shipped to Sydney Australia?

Comment

• Originally posted by ru55kj View Post
                        How much would it cost shipped to Sydney Australia?
                        PMed

Comment

• Please note: the brackets are currently $185/pair. I'll update the various threads.

Comment

• Just a quick review of this setup.

Previously on our endurance car with well ducted fronts and Hawk Blues we would destroy pads in 6-9 hours. We would have to swap front pads after every single race, and had failed brakes take us out of a couple races (once while in 1st).

We swapped to this setup using 1.38" bore pistons, and also swapped from Hawk Blues to Raybestos ST43 (also in the back). These pads squealed like crazy for quite a few hours, but have eventually now quieted down. This setup is like magic! The extra heat capacity along with better pads has now gotten us to around 52 hours of racing, and the pads still have plenty of life left in them! Brake balance is absolutely perfect with the 1.38" pistons and stock rears.

In order to fit them we did have to go larger with wheels and tires and gained some weight, but lap times still dropped with the wider rubber.

It is so nice to have brakes that we don't have to be concerned with making the whole race, and not be working on brakes every day we race. This is easily the best modification we have ever made to the car!

Comment

• the answer is probably no, but will this setup fit under z32 wheels? (with a spacer maybe?)

Comment

• Thanks kuh-nate! I'm glad to hear they're working as an endurance racing solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X