Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help any diferrence in rotors between 300zx TT &300ZX TT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help any diferrence in rotors between 300zx TT &300ZX TT

    hi i need some help i bought the nissan 300zx TT 1992 calipers bud i need the rotors (discs) but just i can`t find it, just i found for the 300zx n/a there is any difference?

    Hola necesito ayuda compre unos calipers de nissan 300zx TT pero no tienen los discos y solo encontre discos del 300zx n/a ¿son compatibles?

    alguien me podria decir que medida son los discos?
    What zize are the rotors for the 300zx TT
    Last edited by pash; 02-19-2009, 06:54 AM.

  • #2
    Z-32 rotors came in a 26mm thickness and a 30mm thickness. You need to identify what calipers you have. If you have the iron calipers, they are all 30mm rotors. The aluminum calipers came in both the 26mm and 30mm varieties. All the TT z's came with the 30mm rotors so if you are SURE that your brakes came off a TT (and were the original calipers) that is what you need.
    function > form
    1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

    Comment


    • #3
      Great info for the z32 300z brake swap...

      http://www.importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by racepar1 View Post
        Z-32 rotors came in a 26mm thickness and a 30mm thickness. You need to identify what calipers you have. If you have the iron calipers, they are all 30mm rotors. The aluminum calipers came in both the 26mm and 30mm varieties. All the TT z's came with the 30mm rotors so if you are SURE that your brakes came off a TT (and were the original calipers) that is what you need.

        Ok tenks yes i bought aluminium calipers for a 300zx TT ill gona do a swap
        i Own a 240sx s14 1998 do you think my original brake Disc's works with the calipers?? or i need buy new ones??

        im sorry for the title i tried to edit but i couldnt

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pash View Post
          i Own a 240sx s14 1998 do you think my original brake Disc's works with the calipers?? or i need buy new ones??
          No, you need rotors (brake disc's) for a 300zx TT.
          -Monty

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by McCoy View Post
            No, you need rotors (brake disc's) for a 300zx TT.
            Tenks i see
            well i think i will buy some one im thinking in one of these discs and pads kit
            Bueno estoy pensando en comprar alguno de estos kits


            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-96...Q5fAccessories

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...Q5fAccessories

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...Q5fAccessories

            Comment


            • #7
              wich one is better? i will buy a new set off brakes but i have 2 choices aluminium or iron ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Ha, good times.

                The aluminum calipers are lighter but there is some speculation that they can contribute to warped rotors, I have yet to see any conclusive reports on this however. I would just get which ever is easiest, and if possible go the aluminum route. Personally I would not go with eBay rotors, I would at least buy from a decent aftermarket manufacturer that I could trust.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The aluminum are lighter, but do not contribute to the warping of a rotor. The thickness of the rotor was the issue with the warping, thus the reason that starting in 91' Nissan went with the thicker disc on both models. Otherwise both Aluminum or Iron work fine. Just a question of availabilty and price (and whether you are looking to save a small amount of weight).
                  Tristan Smith
                  T-Rex Racing
                  SCCA ITR 300zx #56
                  Former SCCA ITA 240sx #56
                  IMSA RS 1978 Datsun 200sx #58

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tenks

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X