Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turtl631
    replied
    This thing is long sold. I'll have to toss up a quick thread on my F80. Its getting some mild mods. Need to eclipse the Z06 power level at some point...

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    Originally posted by RalliartRsX View Post
    Isn't the Z06 an aluminum frame and fiberglass body?? In addition to all the "new" car rust proofing methods??

Yeah, I doubt he has to worry about rust lol!
    Yes, not much steel in it. I think cars are meant to be driven and there are a zillion Z06s out there. I wouldn't do it with an FD3S or air-cooled 911 etc. I enjoy driving a cool car year round and that's that!

Leave a comment:

• Alexg
    replied
    I still wouldn't want that **** building up somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• RalliartRsX
    replied
    Isn't the Z06 an aluminum frame and fiberglass body?? In addition to all the "new" car rust proofing methods??

Yeah, I doubt he has to worry about rust lol!

Leave a comment:

• maxtherabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexg View Post
    Man i can't believe you take it out in the snow. I'd be constantly thinking of what the salt would slowly be doing.
    yeah f that, I've had to deal with waaaaaaaaaay too much chassis rust on my S13 to ever think about taking a performance car out in snow again

Leave a comment:

• RalliartRsX
    replied
    I can't image how much tires for a 20x12 must cost

I am really digging that color combo and simplicity!

Leave a comment:

• Alexg
    replied
    Man i can't believe you take it out in the snow. I'd be constantly thinking of what the salt would slowly be doing.

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    So I did that EPS cam, milled heads 0.030, valve job and some porting. Also added a Halltech intake, kept stock IM, headers, exhaust etc.

Also got some new wheels and tires. I went with real GM Cup wheels which are 19x10 front, 20x12 rear because I didn't want to get replicas in smaller stock sizing. Tires are Pilot Super Sports, they've been fine commuting but it was never above like 65* since I put them on so no idea how they do actually driving.

Then I took them off and put on my winter setup, base C6 size Alpin PA4 snow tires on TSW wheels in close to C6 base sizes (18x9, 19x10). They look really sunken so I guess the stance crew will be disappointed but they drive nice and it was fine in the 1" of snow we've gotten thus far.

Finally, went full ricer and put some pedal covers on. The stock clutch and brake are actually really slippery when wet, my foot slipped off the clutch while backing up in light rain and I almost launched into my neighbor's garage backwards.

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    Basically, yes. After a few local DEs battling stock brakes I'm getting a separate set of blank rotors and some Hawk DTC 70/60 love.

Leave a comment:

• Alexg
    replied
    relevant

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    I researched like crazy and ended up getting an EPS cam that supposedly is more gentle on the valve train. I'll hit you up if I need anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    I didn't know you were buying parts already. I get some mullet brands like COMP cams and whatnot.

I hear the Michelin PSS are a great all around tire.

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    I'm waiting on the heads to get here. Cam and intake are already hanging out with all my S14 parts on the shelf

I need to decide what tires to run with the Cup wheels. I have the OE RF Firestones now which are not great. I want a summer tire with reasonable life, maybe Michelin Pilot Super Sports? RE11 and RE71 are available in close enough sizing but they're probably dicier in rain and 71s wear super fast it seems. I don't know how much these sticky autocross tires like track days either.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    When you going to start slapping parts on this like crazy???

Leave a comment:

• turtl631
    replied
    Yea I'm happy with the choice. Once I gave up on the GT3 as they started rising in value, there were just a lot of options to consider. A co-worker has a Cayman GTS and it's a gorgeous car that clearly has a nicer interior and great control feel, but the Z is just so much faster. GT4 is probably really fun but unobtainium currently, probably forever with how the P car craze is going.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X