Fun animated GIF- My buddies first time autoxing a RWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun animated GIF- My buddies first time autoxing a RWD

We had our first event of the year and a good friend of mine needed a ride because his SVT Focus was busted. He had never autoxed a RWD car before.
    Last edited by ecugrad; 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM.

Next add the soundtrack from Office Space when they're beating the piss out of the printer in the field. Then this thing can be on ytmnd.

Comment

wow, another STX S14? i thought i was the only one...anywhere. what have you done to bump you into that class?

maybe it's my computer, but it's really fast. it's hard to tell what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by cdlong View Post
        wow, another STX S14? i thought i was the only one...anywhere. what have you done to bump you into that class?
        Brakes, S15 LSD and all the other ST* stuff

Comment

Can you slow down the image just a bit? While it was loading I got to see it in slow motion and it looked much cooler then in fast motion.

Comment

where was that event held?

Comment

I used to run STX with my RSX Type S and it was hard keeping up with the wrxs. It was at 200 whp and pretty quick. I could outbrake and hold more speed in turns than them but they had me on power & they were able to put it down well. How well does the 240 respond to the power mods like exhaust, intake and pulleys etc? Do you have a hard time keeping up with the WRXs?
              Chicago Region SCCA SM # 688 http://www.scca-chicago.com
              TSSCC SM # 688 http://www.tsscc.org

Comment

Originally posted by eye-5 View Post
                How well does the 240 respond to the power mods like exhaust, intake and pulleys etc? Do you have a hard time keeping up with the WRXs?
                This is my FIRST event in the S14 so I don't have anything to measure by, yet. STX locally is kinda weak, 2 JCW Mini's and other assorted cars that show up. There was a guy there who does national level events in his 328 BMW that was seriously stupid fast, he completely destroyed me. I am still sorting the setup out (my alignment was completely wacked), so I know there is time to be had.

As far as power, its nothing special, it dynoed at 162/163 back in January. It seems like a freaking rocketship compared to my last car, a 1.6L Miata.

Originally posted by Ruff Ryder 6 View Post
                where was that event held?
                Laurinburg-Maxton Airport Maxton, NC. Its a decommissioned glider airfield from WW2. Its pretty rough in spots but lots of area to run on. The course FTD was in the 72 second range.

Originally posted by jmauld View Post
                Can you slow down the image just a bit? While it was loading I got to see it in slow motion and it looked much cooler then in fast motion.
                Spratte made the animated gif, I'll ask him.

Another pic
                Last edited by ecugrad; 03-31-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecugrad
                  Laurinburg-Maxton Airport Maxton, NC. Its a decommissioned glider airfield from WW2. Its pretty rough in spots but lots of area to run on. The course FTD was in the 72 second range.
                  I thought i knew that strip, that's where they have the ECTA Maxton Mile events. Been down there twice and hope to return again. 72 seconds is the kind of run time that i wish we had the space to do here in Knoxville but no go as of right now.

Comment

Yup, those ECTA guys run there. They are insane to run the speeds they do there. In the animated GIF, the white line is their center line that they call the "good" line.

Comment

Working...
                    X