X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpme to find suspension set up for Grip

Hi im trying to find a good setup in my suspension
    Home Racetrack 1.4km
    2 hairpins 70km/h at the right and 4 (S) togeter downhill, and chicane (left and right)
    1 straight line with top speed off 165km/h

my car setup
    engine ka24de with bolts header, SRI, pulley
    suspension TEIN drift
    tires, R16, 205, 55, nitto nt450 front and rear (new tires soon)

Ill like to know camber, toe etc.
    I want better traccion at corner exits

Alignment settings is a matter of personal preference and trial and error. I suggest you start out conservative with your alignment settings. First check your ride height. Too low of a ride height has a negative effect on the handling of your car. With the camber I would suggest 1.5-2.0 for the front and 1.0-1.5 rear. Toe I would run 0 for front and back. If you can adjust your caster try to max it out around 7-8+ degrees.

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Comment

More grip? You need more than a 205/55/16

Comment

Originally posted by pedroramosjr View Post
        Alignment settings is a matter of personal preference and trial and error. I suggest you start out conservative with your alignment settings. First check your ride height. Too low of a ride height has a negative effect on the handling of your car. With the camber I would suggest 1.5-2.0 for the front and 1.0-1.5 rear. Toe I would run 0 for front and back. If you can adjust your caster try to max it out around 7-8+ degrees.

http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html
        o i see if i want more grip under aceleration at corner exits the camber should be in 0 to -1.5 (rear)? where i got the problem with traccion are at the exits off the harpins and ill try -2.5 (front left) -2.0 (Front Right)

Comment

It sounds like you need some sort of data acquisition to determine what changes need to be made. I would start with an infrared thermometer and some sort of GPS data acquisition unit. I like the Racelogic Performancebox for its simple installation and usage.

Also, for street tires, try a set of these:
          http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....t+Z1+Star+Spec
          Last edited by Cory; 03-15-2009, 07:22 AM.
          Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
          http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

I think that would be to much information for someone at his level. Don't do different settings side to side and I agree with ecugrad on the tiny tires. Play with the pressures too.
            -Ryan

Comment

In 2007 I ran the 240 with just the NA SR20DE on track and the setup listed below. The car handled great on track for NA power and had more than enough traction with the RE-01R's.

I'd say go with a 225/50/16 or a 245/45/16 street tire with a tread wear less than 200 and a alignment close to what I have listed below... maybe less camber in the rear and zero toe if anything.

Front:
              Camber -2.5
              Toe 0
              Caster 7

Rear:
              Camber -2.0
              Toe 1/16 toe-in
              -Monty

Comment

oks tenks ill try -2.5 front camber
                and rear ill try -1.5 and -2.0

The new tires and wheels will be 18s with tires 275 rear and 245front nitto invo but maybe firts go turbo.
                By the way is a short and slow racetrack

Comment

I tried -2.0 rear camber and the car was more slippery than with -1.5.. so i stuck with -1.5...
                  "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Originally posted by pash View Post
                    oks tenks ill try -2.5 front camber
                    and rear ill try -1.5 and -2.0

The new tires and wheels will be 18s with tires 275 rear and 245front nitto invo but maybe firts go turbo.
                    By the way is a short and slow racetrack
                    Running 275 street tires with stock KA power isn't going to help... you'll probably be slower than if you ran a smaller tire that you can get up to temp on track.

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
                    I tried -2.0 rear camber and the car was more slippery than with -1.5.. so i stuck with -1.5...
                    Where not talking about street driving here, Ahmed. Also, I've ran both setups and not sure where your getting this term "slippery", but I think you had something else wrong with your alignment.
                    -Monty

Comment

First off you need wider tires, 205's will NOT cut it. Somewhere between a 225 and 245 is what you want. Second, if you are complaining about traction off corners disconnect the rear sway bar. It worked wonders on my car. My only complaint is that the car seems to be a bit sluggish on turn-in and changing directions. I am comparing turn-in and change of direction abilities to that of a spec miata so that should be taken into consideration. Alignment specs should be close to the following:

FRONT:
                      camber- 2.5*-3.5*
                      caster- as much as you can get (I am going to try for 9*)
                      toe- 0

REAR:
                      camber- 1*-1.5* (2* is too much IMO, I have tried it)
                      toe- 1/16" in to 1/8" in

There are some tricks that I have done to my car that you are not ready for yet so you should just start there.

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
                      Running 275 street tires with stock KA power isn't going to help... you'll probably be slower than if you ran a smaller tire that you can get up to temp on track.
                      While I would agree with this statement for the OP, I would not agree for everyone. I doubt I would have any problems getting 275 width street tires up to temp. I would be worried about scrubbing too much speed off in long sweepers though, but there is only one track that I would be worried about that on.
                      function > form
                      1990 240sx fastback: IN PROGRESS

Comment

Originally posted by racepar1 View Post
                        While I would agree with this statement for the OP, I would not agree for everyone. I doubt I would have any problems getting 275 width street tires up to temp. I would be worried about scrubbing too much speed off in long sweepers though, but there is only one track that I would be worried about that on.
                        I think there are alot of factors here, especially on the tire selected and not just the size... but as we both agree that he should start with a 225 to 245 width tire, I'll leave it at that for now.
                        -Monty

Comment

I've always run more negative camber in the rear than most are mentioning here(at least -2.5 deg). This was mostly habit on my E36 M3 where about -2 deg was STOCK, and most people when lowered ran about -2.5 to -3.

I'm currently running about -2.7 to -2.9 on my car. Might take a little out and see how it feels. It's pretty hooked up on sweepers.

About -3.5 to -4.0 feels really good up front, with quick transitions, but there might be a little more grip with something closer to -3.0 - really hard to tell on the street, and I usually don't mess with alignment at the track as I'm just concentrating on driving.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

amazing the information i cant get from you people
                            I know that with 275 rear tires i will go slower than now but i always want that setup but first go Turbo and then ill change tires.
                            Today y check the height and the left side is 2cm shorter than the right side funny
                            the new set up is -2.5 Front and 1.5 Rear
                            toe 0 and i dont know if i can move caster XD

Comment

by the way
                              i cant get better traccion if i disconect the sway bar??? i think sounds rare maybe en 15days ill try it

Comment

Working...
                              X