No announcement yet.

MCP is my Hero. New z32 spindle stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCP is my Hero. New z32 spindle stuff.

Late night conversations, always seem to turn into orders to supply companies and new toys to play with=P
    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

MCP is my Hero. New z32 spindle stuff.

Finally got off my ass and pulled a z32 spindle out of the junk pile. Started measuring up the bushings to see what I had to work with, since I ultimately want some spherical bearings in there. Lo-and-behold, the sizes come out to something useable. This is the upper mount for the RUCA or rear trailing arm: It looks to be about 1-1/8", or roughly 30mm. Midwest Control Products ended up having an M12 COM bearing (what do you know, an M12 bolt goes through there!) with a 30mm OD. It might not be perfect, but I think I can figure out a way to make it work. This is the lower shock mount: Roughly 1-7/16". It's just shy of 1-3/4", which would've been nice to use a 5/8" monoball housing with. The options are to ream it out, or hope that a 1-5/8" housing will fit inside the bushing's housing (instead of the spindle hole). 1-5/8" is roughly 42mm, which is what the 18mm COM bearing is from Midwest Control Products. So, I ordered a couple of those to see if they'll be close enough. So, Midwest Control Products has been my spherical bearing supplier of choice, keping my budget build within budget. Hopefully I end up with more than I bargained for Should have updates in a week or so.

Comment

As long as you make your camber/caster plates useable and cool-looking..... Reaching underneath the car to adjust camber = FTL :P

Comment

I'd love it if something worked out for the shock mount bearing. I hate how you get that twisting moment when you run Z32 spindles on an S14. I wouldn't want to run a poly bushing in there just because it would only be stressing the lower shock mount even more. A spherical bearing that can pivot freely is just the ticket.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I'd love it if any of this works.... suspension bind robs my car of precious mechanical grip!!!

Comment

^275$ ^134$ Not exactly budget though, looking forward to what you'll get together
            "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

the $134 wasn't so bad..... the $275 is more "feels good but is it worth the cost?" in a way that says "I'm not really sure if I'm being raped.... ". But yeah, I'm hoping my little side project goes well. I'd really like to figure something out for the toe arms.... as SPL seems to not even offer them.

Comment

Ever get your order from MCP? Any thoughts?
                ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
                ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

I have everything sitting in boxes, but had a lot of stuff to do during the holiday season. I just started getting back to my car and almost have the stock motor pulled. Arranging for the white car to be junked soon, so I have to get that car's motor in the new car in the next couple weeks. I'll post some pics of the progress later tonight, along with pics of a nice gash from dropping an 18" long 1/2" extension on my forehead.

Comment

Ouch...that sucks

Comment

I just picked up a set of Z32 mounts from a friend to take some measurements and work on getting the custom bearings put together. I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.

Comment

Awesome man,

I still need to get z32 spindles heh.. that guy i was gona buy from jipped me Oh well... if anyone has cheap priced ones that they want to get rid of (not cracked/etc...) ill be waiting/interested...
                        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Working...
                        X