Seat Mounts Ver 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Mounts Ver 2

Are these fixed mounts? or do you have a slider?

Seat Mounts Ver 2

Finally got around to getting the seats off the garage floor and into the car. The only way to get the seats mounted as low as possible was to make custom mounts. I worked out some parts trades and services with Richard, one of them being the seat mounts. I made the 6 hour drive to Portland Friday night and we sent all day yesterday getting these mounts built... and just got back home after another 6 hour drive.

Onto the pictures! Drivers side seat mount started... There was a fair bit of time spent getting this far, the cuts, bends, drilling the holes, and cleaning up the cuts took a bit of time. The passanger side went by much faster since we had the drivers side to use as a template.

Drivers side mounts finished. These are what the finished (minus some cleaning up and a coat of paint) product looks like for the drivers side. The passanger side mount is a mirror image of this one. That 1/2 rod is stronger than it looks, with everything bolted down there was zero movement in the mounts...

How low can you go... without cutting out the hump on the drivers side, this is how low you can go

your truely, finishing the passanger side.

A view from the front....

The passanger side turned out perfect. The drivers side could be forward about 1/2", but I'm not complaining... I just made a 6 hour drive back and love the seats.
    Last edited by McCoy; 09-20-2008, 01:53 PM.
    -Monty

Comment

Originally posted by underdog17
      Are these fixed mounts? or do you have a slider?
      They are fixed... I've had sliders before (Sparco) and didn't like them for a few reasons. head room was also a concern and the sliders eat up a good 1/2" plus some trying to keep the sides even. Another shot that I took after my initial post.
      -Monty

Comment

Nice. Is the Evo L a larger size than the regular Evo? I wish I had matching seats. SPL stopped selling their seats so I was unable to get a passenger seat to match mine. Just went with a Memoryfab bucket I got in the Honda-Tech advertiser specials section. Its similar, but not identical. Its also huge, barely fits between the tranny tunnel and door. After having an instructor who was like 260+ lbs barely be able to squeeze into my car with the stock seat, I realized I better get a huge passenger bucket or risk missing out on an event/session.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

The Evo L is about 1" wider than the Evo. I had an Evo in the sentra and it was alittle on the tight side. The Evo L is just right... I'm 190lbs and have a 34 waist, anyone over a 36" waist will probably have issues though.
          -Monty

Comment

Yea I just recently went to Northstarmotorsports.com (the showroom in Barrington, IL), and the only seat that suits me is the Corbeau Forza2, i have like a 38 waist, so its fits me well. Im probably going to have to order the seat rails/sliders from them also, that are designed for this seat. But im skeptical as to how much head room i would have, especially when wearing a helmet ? Anyone have any input on this? Sorry to hijack this thread
            http://eloquentlytrack.wordpress.com/

Comment

Any seat with a bottom mount and your going to have issues with head room especially if you want to use a slider. Of course this comment is coming from someone that is 6'4" tall and needs room for a helmet.
              -Monty

Comment

Originally posted by ramm
                Yea I just recently went to Northstarmotorsports.com (the showroom in Barrington, IL), and the only seat that suits me is the Corbeau Forza2, i have like a 38 waist, so its fits me well. Im probably going to have to order the seat rails/sliders from them also, that are designed for this seat. But im skeptical as to how much head room i would have, especially when wearing a helmet ? Anyone have any input on this? Sorry to hijack this thread
                If you have a sunroof, a seat that can take sidemount rails is pretty much a requirement. I'm 5'11", and my helmet will rub the headliner sometimes with the stock seats (S14 w/ sunroof). I can't imagine the kind of trouble someone would have if they were taller than me or if they wanted to use bottom-mount seats. A good seat is one of those "must do" mods, IMO.

Comment

Has anyone tried mounting sliders outboard of the seat for sidemounts?

Comment

The only adjustable rails that work in that fashion are the Nams rails. i haven't seen any that i would trust in a race car personally. The Nams use 1/8" steel iirc.
                    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

I had the sparco sliders and did not like them when on track, way to much movement in them in the corners when R-compound tires were added.
                      -Monty

Comment

Anyone ever fit a sparco circuit pro seat in an s chassis? or a sabelt taurus seat? these ones can fit large drivers and have massive restraint...

849$CAD for a sparco ciruit pro:

783$CAD for a sabelt taurus seat:

I think for that price thats worth it.. considering how much authentic jdm tyte bride seats cost...

I am 6'2 and have wide shoulders/built/large legs/etc... plus lately got a little of a belly so im at 270lbs... lol.. no im not mcdonalds joe im just tall/large bones/etc... being built without fat id still be around 240-250...

Anyways... I need large seats I wonder if these will fit in an s13...
                        Last edited by a_ahmed; 12-31-2007, 07:59 AM.
                        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

The problem with the Nams rail is that it pretty much only works with narrow jdm-sized seats. I bought my evo2 with a bride rail, and the previous owner had welded additional tabs to the inside of the driver's side rail so he could move the mounting position to fix.

Richard built my set of mounts for my evo2, too, and I muuuuch prefer them.

Alex

Comment

I have the NAMS rail and I hate the fact the inner rail has no locking tab like how the bride rails have locking tabs on both rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible_Saddle View Post
                              I have the NAMS rail and I hate the fact the inner rail has no locking tab like how the bride rails have locking tabs on both rails.
                              The downside is that you can't do that w/o having something pass underneath the seat to release the lever.

The downside to having something that runs below it...you can't go as low.

Those darn catch 22's.
                              Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Working...
                              X