Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 ka24de what clutch to get??

Hi,
    I need to get a new clutch for my 91 Nissan 240sx. I was planing to stick with an oem clutch because my car is basically stock and therefore I dont need an aftermarket clutch. What is the best oem clutch to buy?
    I am going to Use this car for mainly daily driving(8-10Kmiles a yr), autox (approx 12-18 a yr), hopefully 1-2 track days, and 1-2 drift events(for fun not to be competivite).
    I found an Exedy OEM replacement clutch kit for about $135 shipped.
    http://jbkperformance.com/exedy_clut.../i-126163.aspx

or

I can go with an Autozone Clutch kit
    http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm

Which one would you guys recommend
    Are there any other better options?

thanks in advance for the help!
    zain

I would go with the Exedy. I am running one now with a built ka24e with no problems. The Autozone ones we have installed at work have been hit or miss, but whatever you do dont buy centerforce they are junk.

Comment

Stick with Exedy
      Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

I already had a thread about this LOL just a few lines down you could have seen the thread

http://www.nissanroadracing.com/vbul...read.php?t=514

None the less I went with KA24DE XTD 3rd stage clutch with cerametallic 3puck disk, crappy pressureplate and their chromoly flywheel. Honestly I can drive the car very agressively, it's gotten better as it got broken in, very responsive alongside the 1piece alum driveshaft, however, its **** quality, hit or miss with this stuff. I daily it, I'm fine, but... not for everyone, I like everything lightweight yaay go go

If I were to do it again I may have gone with an Exedy stage 2 or something... Stick with exedy as stated.
        "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Yup.

Only clutches I will recommend for anyone is either Carbonetic clutches, or Exedy clutches.

ORC and OS Giken ones are good too, but Exedy has an office, a huge one, here in the US in Michigan, and Carbonetic has one in CA, so why mess with the other JDM brands if they're around the same price as Exedy?
          http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SoSideways View Post
            Yup.

Only clutches I will recommend for anyone is either Carbonetic clutches, or Exedy clutches.

ORC and OS Giken ones are good too, but Exedy has an office, a huge one, here in the US in Michigan, and Carbonetic has one in CA, so why mess with the other JDM brands if they're around the same price as Exedy?
            ooooooohhhhhh ORC ftw. Best stuffs EVAR. no KA parts though
            /yay for the useless post

Comment

My first clutch when I turbo'd was an ACT HDSS, which is a heavy duty pressure plate and an Organic copper strand clutch disk. It worked flawlessly up to about 400ft/lbs of torque. After that, with the slightest amount of heat, it would slip.

With my driving style, I would buy something cerametallic at the minimum. I drive my car at the limit all the time, so I like something that is forgiving with heat. For just about everyone else, I think on a stock car, the Exedy replacement should be fine.

You must understand that with a stock KA and good tires, launches all the time would be necessary, as well as flat shifting, and downshifting into RPM ranges past redline.
              Cory B.

"Driving a race car as fast as possible is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction."
              http://www.youtube.com/user/nissanfanatic240

Comment

I am going to stick with Exedy for sure, I want to get the Stage 2 but after look at the SCCA Solo rules I think that would put me in Street Prepared? , I planing on running in STX so I will probably stick with the Exedy OEM replacement.
                Last edited by ZainRacer; 01-17-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

man SCCA is retarded sometimes. Change classes based on a stock sized clutch but just with more clamping force? LAME

Comment

Originally posted by floodo1 View Post
                    man SCCA is retarded sometimes. Change classes based on a stock sized clutch but just with more clamping force? LAME
                    X20000!!

Comment

If you get a new clutch kit from Napa it will most likely be an Exedy. All the ones I've gotten in the past were.
                      The Nerd shall inherit the podium for knowledge is power.

Comment

have a act hd pressure and 6 puck sprung hub. i hate it. really really hate it. i've had a act hdss on my sr once too and hated it, it held the power for awhile but pedal pressure was horrible. have spec stage 3 on my sr now, ony complaint is squealing, awesome pedal, never slips. just imo for my experiences. grab the exedy

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

Whats wrong with the ACT HD pedal pressure? I like the pedal pressure, but with the stock SR disk in there it won't hold over 16 psi now. A little bit of naughty 19-20 psi and E85 made it slip in 4th gear and it has never held over about 16 psi since then.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

My Exedy has treated me well, and I slap it around a little after drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
                              Whats wrong with the ACT HD pedal pressure? I like the pedal pressure, but with the stock SR disk in there it won't hold over 16 psi now. A little bit of naughty 19-20 psi and E85 made it slip in 4th gear and it has never held over about 16 psi since then.
                              it maybe ok for some not me. the act hd with sprung 6 spuck is engagement is a mother ****er, it'll hold anything but it can not be slipped without lots of time. spec one i've had for years, i can slip it easily, pedal is great. i know how ****ty spec rumors are but if i had too. out of fear for not knowing what i'd get i'd buy the spec again. or maybe that nismo clutch.

i'm kinda contradicting myself. cause most of act **** is exedy so **** exedy too, hahah. but we're talking about a stock clutch for the op

Most PM answers: F 17X9 +22, R 17X9 +35

Comment

Working...
                              X