Replacing bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing bushings

I've got 2 Hyper flex kits sitting in my garage. I know its a pain in the ass to replace the stock ones but is it better in the end for auto x / road racing with the ES poly bushings in there? Or leave the stock ones there and hold out for spherical bearings and z32 uprights?
    SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Are poly bushings better than spherical bearings for autox/road racing? I think we all know that answer, what are you really looking for? I'm installing the ES bushings now and the only thing I'm waiting to see is how much friction there really is in the suspension since that seems to be a big complaint on this forum. I'm sure its going to be a totally different car and I'll love it but I still drive on Philadelphia streets so sphericals would be crazy.
    -Ryan

Comment

Im saying i got these kits but after reading threads on this site about them im not sure if i really want to install them. Do they bind up or make more sticktion then the stock bushings? Would the car handle better on track with the poly bushings installed?

Comment

I've installed everything but I haven't tightened anything down yet. I can see there will probably be some serious issues with some of the mounts. The spacers I've talked about aren't going to fit without bending the mounts so I was thinking of tacking in new mounts on the outside while the old ones are still in with the bolts going through all of them. Then cutting out the old ones, finish welding the new ones, and making spacers and using longer bolts. More work than most would deal with I'm sure but a quick MIG job will do and the outside of the poly busings won't ever rub.
        -Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RBbugBITme View Post
          Are poly bushings better than spherical bearings for autox/road racing? I think we all know that answer, what are you really looking for? I'm installing the ES bushings now and the only thing I'm waiting to see is how much friction there really is in the suspension since that seems to be a big complaint on this forum. I'm sure its going to be a totally different car and I'll love it but I still drive on Philadelphia streets so sphericals would be crazy.
          One full set of my RSSBs is taking street abuse in Chicago just fine. In fact, I hear the guy drives like a complete asshat, bombing over railroad tracks at 30 mph and crap like that.
          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

So in other words the ES kit doesnt help much at all with letting the rear suspension of a 240 perform best versus the stock ones.

Comment

I would say at this point if you're just inserting them and driving away, maybe not.
              -Ryan

Comment

I try to get to as many auto x's and track days as i can allow, so i'd like my rear suspension to work correctly. If i dont use them i have 2 nearly complete ES kits for sale haha if anybody wants.

Comment

I used an RSR kit before I got my arms and it stiffened up the suspension a lot and allowed for better feeling steering. Dont really have any numbers but by seat of the pants driving it felt a lot better than factory.

Comment

I did a complet ES kit on my S13 and it was a pain but the car's definately tighter now and not too bad on the street. If you want maximum gain for minimum effort I'd just get some subframe collars for the rear and replace the OEM tension rod bushings up front with the 3-piece ES versions. Those items are the biggest bushings on the car with the most movement. With the rear outer (knuckle) pivots being so close together you're probably not going to control compliance induced camber changes with anything less that a full spherical setup anyway.
                    Don Johnson (really!)
                    Just so you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X