What motor / tranny mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motor / tranny mounts?

Yeah my stock ones are beyond shot. Obvious choice is Nismo, but has anyone used any of the other brands out there?
    My ride is a street car, so I dont want it to be vibrating and buzzing all over the place, but I also dont want my gear shifter moving all around when i get on / off the gas.

The big question is about the 3rd party tranny mounts, seems like they ALL (cept stock and nismo) delete the exhaust mount......if I go with one of these mounts do I need to do some modding to support the exhaust or does it even matter?

If it is a street car, I would recommend going with Nismo motor mounts, and going with a solid tranny mount, that way your shifter isn't bouncing around, but yet, the motor's vibration isn't ridiculous, since it is a street car still.
    http://sosideways.wordpress.com/

Comment

You can get the JGS rubber engine mounts. And anytime in the future all you have to do for stiffer mounts is buy their polyurethane pieces for more stiffness. I rode in a friends car that used these and felt way better then my mounts but the only difference was the rubber compound they used which can be easily swapped out.

Ive been driving on the poly engine mount version for like 3yrs now i think. It has a lot of little vibs and stuff but im not expecting my car for what i use it for to be forgiving/ comfortable from day to day.
      SM 63 KA-t 470hp 480tq G30-660 A2W IC

Comment

So does it matter that all of the aftermarket mounts delete the exhaust hanger? Will I have to rig up some sort of support for the exhaust or does it matter that there is no support there?

Godspeed- so you're saying that the JGS rubber mounts are good for a daily driver, while the poly-urethane ones transmit too much vibration for a daily driver?
        I'm a little hesitant to drill the motor bracket because it locks me into using their mounts.
        Finally, does the JGS tranny mount require drilling if you are keeping the stock transmission? It's a bit unclear on their site.

Comment

I love my home made windo-weld mounts. Check out these vids
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc50W...e=channel_page
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p66hB0GLYi8

Comment

Originally posted by floodo1 View Post
            So does it matter that all of the aftermarket mounts delete the exhaust hanger? Will I have to rig up some sort of support for the exhaust or does it matter that there is no support there?

Godspeed- so you're saying that the JGS rubber mounts are good for a daily driver, while the poly-urethane ones transmit too much vibration for a daily driver?
            I'm a little hesitant to drill the motor bracket because it locks me into using their mounts.
            Finally, does the JGS tranny mount require drilling if you are keeping the stock transmission? It's a bit unclear on their site.
            Ive been driving my car now with no exhaust support thing for 3 yrs or ever since i did the engine mount install. And have done 1 track day and a season of auto X'ing, with no problems.

You do have to drill the tranny crossmember for the jgs mount though. If you get the jgs ones and drill the mounts, when would you ever have to use another mount? For the tranny mount though i would say use a peak performance one or JGY just the rectangle rubber piece, its easier install i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by hai1206vn View Post
              looks like your using ps fluid, instead of ATF may want to change that out before your rack seals start leaking.

to op:
              I have nismo motor and trans mounts, love em

Comment

Originally posted by JRas View Post
                looks like your using ps fluid, instead of ATF may want to change that out before your rack seals start leaking.
                What makes you think so? And what's PS fluid that you mentioned (doesn't everyone just use ATF for PS)?? In any case I'm using Mobil ATF.

Comment

To OP to just make it easy and simple do the nismo motor/ tranny mounts and be done with it, since this is just your daily.

I said JGS mounts so that in the future if you get to really modifying your car you dont have to buy motor mounts a second time. Because even the nismo's wear out.

Comment

Thats why I bought the JGS rubbers for the tranny and engine. Haven't driven on them yet though.
                    -Ryan

Comment

i got cusco engine mounts and peak perf race tranny mounts. I have so much other stiff things in there all i can say is.. tranny makes weird resonance noises thats the only thing really bothering me... vibrations arent that great once car gets going but if i were making a comfy driver id definetely go with the nismo or jgs ones... and i guess their 'street' tranny mount which is still basically a solid lump of polyurethane...
                      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

Working...
                      X