Sexy S15s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexy S15s

"hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

The last silver s15 is a jgtc 300 car

Une autre Nissan qui a pris sa retraite, mais cette fois en GT300. Elle a été remplacé par la 350Z.

Au cours de leur carrières, les Silvia ont remporté les championnats pilote en 2001 et en 1997.

Caractéristiques:

Moteur (Engine): 4 cylindres en ligne (4 cylinders)
    Suralimentation: 1 turbocompresseur
    Cylindrée: 1998cc
    Alésage x course (en mm): 86,0 x 86,0 (Bore x stroke)
    Puissance max: 300 chevaux à 5800 tr/min (300 hp at 5800rpm)
    Couple max: 55kg-m à 4800 tr/min (55kg-m of torque at (4800rpm)
    Transmission: Propulsion (Eh?)
    Boîte de vitesse: Hewland IGTC 6 rapports sequentielle (Transmission is a hewland IGTC 6 speed sequential)
    Embrayage: ORC Tri disqu en métal (ORC 3 disc metallic clutch)
    Suspensions avant: Strut (front strut suspension <- woah lol)
    Suspensions arri&#232;re: Double Wishbone Pullrod (rear and self-explanatory)
    Freins avent: Disques ventil&#233;s, &#233;triers 6 pistons AP (Front ventillated rotors with 6 piston AP calipers)
    Freins arri&#232;re: Disques ventil&#233;s, &#233;triers 4 pistons ALCON (Rear ventillated rotors with 4 pistons ALCON)
    Pneus avant: Yokohama 280/710 R18 (Front)
    Pneus arri&#232;re: Yokohama 280/710 R18 (Rear)
    Roues avant: SSR 18 pouces (inches)
    Roues arri&#232;re: SSR 18 pouces
    Poids: 1200kg
    Last edited by a_ahmed; 12-03-2008, 08:50 AM.
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

'06 wrx - DD

'89 s13 hatch - jackstand racing national champion

Comment

Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
        The last silver s15 is a jgtc 300 car
        the middle orange one is too
        '06 wrx - DD

Comment

id like to see whats actually under the body panels onthose cars, they run like 18-19" wheels and still get them sitting super low. Do they have to use factory chassis, or are they tube frame like ALMS/gand-prix cars?
          NASA HPDE Instructor

Comment

Its not just suspension, the body panels extend alot further down than stock.

Comment

These cars aren't totally tube frame like some of the rolex or NASCAR cars are or something of that nature, nor are ALMS cars. They still retain some unibody, how much I'm not entirely sure. I know the C6 Z06 when it first came out a big deal was made about it using LM C6R framerails and other components.

But the amount of stuff they're allowed is absurd, in front at least upper and I think lower frame rail is completely built from scratch, not sure how intact frame is in the rear, and of course every suspension component and every body panel and such is purpose built for the cars. They've got the firewall rebuilt to move the engine back some ridiculous amount, like 16" from factory.

If you go here, the link may not work properly, but just scroll on the list of vids on the right, the title is ALMS: aston martin dbr9 or something...with Jeff Calam. Check that out, it's basically a 16 min tour of every detail of the whole car where you see some neat stuff:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1366492711

The new tarzan/cusco/tomei sti built for time attack actually used pretty much anything they legally could chassis wise from cusco's super gt sti, which is why if you look it sits literally on the ground while still running 18" wheels, and the Mspeed R34 is like that also.

I think it'd really just be a matter of notching frame rail like they do for drifting to get as low as they want, and then custom control arms and whatnot to regain proper suspension geometry...not simple to execute but the idea isn't that bad. Then throw on a complete carbon body like that sunline car above or the HKS CT230 and there you go.
              Last edited by nismofly; 12-03-2008, 12:45 PM.
              '06 wrx - DD

Comment

I know the Rolex GT cars have nothing on the ALMS/FIA GT class. Rolex seems more based on actual road chassis turned into race cars while GT(1) atleast have modified almost every aspect of the car. The entire cooling system for the C6R is in the back of the car.

Then again in Rolex GT the Pontiac G6 went from FWD road car to RWD race car so my above statement is probably way off.

I guess the best place to look is Speed World Challange / Touring class.

Comment

The only major road racing series in the states where the cars ARE tube chassis is Rolex GT, hence the range of cars being so wide. If you compare the rules and the cost of involement you see why they're still slower.

There's actually technically two different classes, with the rules meant to make them compete on an even level. One is for tube chassis cars, the G6s, the RX8s, etc, and one is for unibody based cars like the Porsches.

But every other series the cars are at least based on unibody.
                  '06 wrx - DD

Comment

I didnt know the RX8 was in any part a tube frame in that series. Makes sence since it has a huge power disadvantage.

I believe they run the GT3 Cup cars in Rolex GT which you buy straight from Porsche for $160-70ish thousand.

The only cars you can cross reference between series is the ALMS GT2 Corvette (Not GT1 C6R) and the Rolex GT C6 vettes. Though Im sure if you strip them down there are huge differences thanks to class rules.

FIA GT (Europes ALMS) line up is alot better since they have Saleens, Lambos, Astons, Vettes, 430's, GT3-RSRs, Maserati's and I think one or two other companies.

Comment

The RX8, the GTO/G6, and the M6 are tube, the porsches and vettes arent, and the F430 I'm not sure since it's allowed to be prepped to either rules set, don't ask me why.

The 3 rotor in the RX8 is just a peripheral port 20B, they claim it makes 420 hp, so it's really not down on power, but the practically same engine in the B-K ALMS P2 car made 480 claimed so who knows.
                      '06 wrx - DD

Comment

The P2 Mazda isnt a rotory anymore either they switched to a 2 liter turbo 4cyl. in 07 You sparked my curiousity in that because I remember watching it in down town st.pete and it deffinatly sounded nothing like a rotory.

Watching Rolex they always talk about the car being down on power compared to the other cars, thats why I thought it was the original 2 rotor renesis.

I guess there is an ST and a GT class in Rolex. I thought it was all GT racing. I guess the ST class allows non production engines and modifications to the chassis/frame while GT class does not.

Comment

The Rolex RX8 I got pics of at PRI last year was a tube chassis with a carbon shell. It did have a steel frame/floor pan though up to the base of the pillars. I'll see if I can dig up some pics and post them.
                          Last edited by veilside180sx; 12-03-2008, 07:48 PM.
                          Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Here's a few

Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post
                              The P2 Mazda isnt a rotory anymore either they switched to a 2 liter turbo 4cyl. in 07 You sparked my curiousity in that because I remember watching it in down town st.pete and it deffinatly sounded nothing like a rotory.

Watching Rolex they always talk about the car being down on power compared to the other cars, thats why I thought it was the original 2 rotor renesis.

I guess there is an ST and a GT class in Rolex. I thought it was all GT racing. I guess the ST class allows non production engines and modifications to the chassis/frame while GT class does not.
                              The RX8 uses a 20B with FC NA rotors for higher compression, and the PP and some other fancy stuff straight from Mazda...you can buy that engine for like $30k.

Yeah the new engine in the P2 is based on the 4 in the NC miata, they're up to like ~500 ish even now but WAY more torque, and with their new lola coupe that team could really start to make things interesting for the factory squads.

ST is a Koni Challenge class, ST and GS...in Rolex it's DP and GT, but the GT is divided into what I think they called Prep 1 and Prep 2, and that's the thing I was talking about. They used to have all their rules right on their site for public viewing, but they aren't there right now so they might be in the process of putting the 2009 rules up.
                              '06 wrx - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X