Moving toe pivot fore/aft - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving toe pivot fore/aft - thoughts?

So I'm making up some misalignment bushings for my S13 toe arms out of some 2024 I've got lying around. The thought occured to me, is there any merit to possibly moving the toe arm pivot forward or aft 5 mm on an S14 subframe? Just eyeballing it, it looks like they made the mounting point wider, but kept the same position(could be wrong on this, just quickly looked at my S13 subframe) - so moving it forward 5mm relative to the center of the toe pivot would restore "S13" toe geometry.

I can put it where ever I want, this just saves me work and it made me think about things when Nissan just made the pivot location wider.

There is plenty of misalignment angle with it moved over 5mm(it's a 50mm wide mounting point, and moving it 5mm either way puts it in the same location as an S13 aftermarket arm).
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

I can't imagine how it could make much difference. It's the longest arm in the setup and the change in angle wouldn't do much. When I switched from an S13 subframe to S14 I measured the toe arms and the length is the same. I reused my S13 arms because they already had ES bushings and I just added washers to take up the extra space.
    Don Johnson (really!)
    Just so you know.

Comment

Yea... depending on how I'm feeling I'll either make 2 more bushings(I have 2 with a 20mm offset, which with a 10mm "stock" misalignment bushing + a 20mm bearing = ~50mm). So that'd move it 5mm one way or the other.

I have the stock to make 2 more, so I'll likely do that because lathe time is more fun than getting under the car and taking it apart... haha
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
        I have the stock to make 2 more, so I'll likely do that because lathe time is more fun than getting under the car and taking it apart... haha
        Hells yeah it is.

M
        I am SKULLWORKS

Comment

Working...
        X