Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hankook / JIC: Redline Time Attack S15

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hankook / JIC: Redline Time Attack S15

    Well I know we briefly had some info scattered about this car around... I thought I'd create a thread for it.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjieeb1gGso

    Anyone got more info, specs or pix of it?

    Even the hood? Is it a one off?

    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

  • #2
    Well here's the dragsport article...
    http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2007/...er_story.shtml

    Most procative pic:

    Similar shot on another S15:
    She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

    Comment


    • #3
      Are you sure that's an s15? The rear upright is a non fork type. Nice pictures though

      It's too bad they don't give more juicy info like alignment specs, modifications they did, other than "yo yo jic flta2 coilovers and all our jdm tyte arms" without much actual info that's useful, as anyone can buy all their off the shelf stuff and not be even close, etc...

      Edit: nm I forget... s15 doesn't have fork, it was z32 converted i guess oops.
      Last edited by a_ahmed; 10-11-2008, 08:51 AM.
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's a few press release / articles from the JIC website. Most include pics. Specs other than tires are sparse.

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=146&Cat=NE

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=122&Cat=NE

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=90&Cat=NE

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=48&Cat=NE

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=46&Cat=NE

        http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewNews.aspx?ID=43&Cat=NE
        She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by a_ahmed View Post
          Are you sure that's an s15? The rear upright is a non fork type. Nice pictures though

          It's too bad they don't give more juicy info like alignment specs, modifications they did, other than "yo yo jic flta2 coilovers and all our jdm tyte arms" without much actual info that's useful, as anyone can buy all their off the shelf stuff and not be even close, etc...
          S15's come with normal S14/S13 style uprights. The other pic is using Z32 uprights.
          She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

          Comment


          • #6
            Edited post my bad True that.
            "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

            Comment


            • #7
              What's that brace going to in the "other" S15 pic? Does it just tie the subframe main rails together, or bolt onto something else to triangulate loads?


              Also, what's with the pic of the JIC S15 with the front wheels off the ground. Looks like a severe lack of droop travel.
              '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


              DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
              http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

              Comment


              • #8
                Theres a steep incline / drop off at that part of the track. Most cars come off the ground there if they are going fast enough.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Longfellow View Post
                  Theres a steep incline / drop off at that part of the track. Most cars come off the ground there if they are going fast enough.
                  I know why the wheels are off the ground, just seems like a severe lack of droop travel or way too much high speed rebound if the fronts are still well off the ground.
                  '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                  DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                  http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Def View Post
                    What's that brace going to in the "other" S15 pic? Does it just tie the subframe main rails together, or bolt onto something else to triangulate loads?


                    Also, what's with the pic of the JIC S15 with the front wheels off the ground. Looks like a severe lack of droop travel.
                    Looks like it's just a lateral support for the subframe is all.
                    Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I found another S15 with that same brace. Must be a factory part along with all the other neat S15 Spec-S add-on braces.
                      She's built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I spoke with the USA president of JIC when he was in town. I figured it was the best opportunity to get as much information out of him, considering he had a bud light in one hand. He briefly explained that they altered the suspension kinetics to fix some of the known issues of the Nissan S chassis. Thats all i got out of him

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ronald So View Post
                          I spoke with the USA president of JIC when he was in town. I figured it was the best opportunity to get as much information out of him, considering he had a bud light in one hand. He briefly explained that they altered the suspension kinetics to fix some of the known issues of the Nissan S chassis. Thats all i got out of him
                          I'm guessing that was Jon...he doesn't leak a lot of info.
                          Between rides...unless you count a WD21...

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X