• Show
Clear All

• Marphie21
    replied
    Thanks again Def!

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    Manley springs are pretty cheap and a nice rate increase and increased travel to coilbind.

I would keep the stock retainers. Titanium retainers wear against hardened steel springs since they're so much softer.

I think a set of those springs was like $90-100ish a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Marphie21
    replied
    Originally posted by Def View Post
    Most hte JDM springs are basically stock rate, or barely above it. There was a spring test many years ago. I remember HKS springs tested almost identical to stock, and the Tomei's were just a bit better.

So they're better than stock, but for bigger cams I'd probably want a little more rate and a little more travel to coil bind.
    Any recommendations? Im only going to run the Tomei Poncams, but I bought a surplus sr20 and just want to freshen up everything I can before I install it into the car.

Leave a comment:

• Def
    replied
    Most hte JDM springs are basically stock rate, or barely above it. There was a spring test many years ago. I remember HKS springs tested almost identical to stock, and the Tomei's were just a bit better.

So they're better than stock, but for bigger cams I'd probably want a little more rate and a little more travel to coil bind.

Leave a comment:

• Marphie21
    replied
    Originally posted by b.series View Post
    yes
    Hey there, have you or any of your friends used this set up without any problems?

Leave a comment:

• b.series
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• Marphie21
    started a topic Tomei Type A Springs with Poncams

Tomei Type A Springs with Poncams

Hi there, Im doing a full rebuild on an SR20DET (S13, blacktop), and I want to freshen up the valve train. Honestly Ive been googling for hours trying to find a retailer or a part number for the OEM valve springs but I just cant find them.

Im thinking about matching my poncams with the Tomei Type A springs, would this be all right? I cant really find a sure answer and Im afraid Im not knowledgable enough to understand the spring specs on the Tomei website.
Working...
X