GK Tech front sway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GK Tech front sway

Hollow 27mm front bar with blade type lever arms and lots of clearance, 3 holes for adjustment. Thoughts? I was leaning toward the Sikky front bar, which is 32mm hollow and includes spherical end links. I have a Tanabe rear which is a hollow 27.5mm bar, they no longer make their hollow front bar. Application is track days, SR car.

http://www.gktech.com/index.php/s-ch...swaybar-1.html

http://www.sikky.com/product/s14-240sx-front-sway-bar/
    ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
    ~2016 M3, daily driver

Is it possible to fit a straight tube through the chassis somewhere? go buy used NASCAR parts and build your own for similar money, and you can replace the bar for cheap if you don't like the rates.
    Originally posted by SoSideways
    I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
    '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
    '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

You can do the straight sway bar - but it's a whole mess of work. There's a lot of crap in the way, so it's a pretty significant amount of fab work, and you're going to go through your frame rails most likely.

I wouldn't call the cost of a decent hollow splined bar that cheap either. You can find some used ones if you get lucky on the spline count, but I wouldn't call them readily available. A solid bar with enough stiffness is going to be heavy.
      '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
      http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

Not interested in that fab project. Leaning Sikky for greater roll stiffness and included end links.
        ~1992 240SX, SR20/Koni track day car
        ~2016 M3, daily driver

Comment

299 sikky
          Vs
          208 gktech

Hrm...
          1990 240sx - Aristo 2JZGTE, R154, GT37, Defsport Wilwood kit, KTS coilovers - daily driver
          1991 civic si - B18C5 / toda / ATS / hytech - autox
          2001 integra type R - Greddy td05-18g - garage queen

Comment

Originally posted by Def View Post
            You can do the straight sway bar - but it's a whole mess of work. There's a lot of crap in the way, so it's a pretty significant amount of fab work, and you're going to go through your frame rails most likely.

I wouldn't call the cost of a decent hollow splined bar that cheap either. You can find some used ones if you get lucky on the spline count, but I wouldn't call them readily available. A solid bar with enough stiffness is going to be heavy.
            Used NASCAR bars aren't that expensive.. $50-$125 each depending on size/rate. 2ndchanceraceparts.com routinely has piles of them in stock. other places sell them regularly for similar pricing as well. (10 years ago, used NASCAR bars were $25 each... These guys have picked up pricing as popularity of used parts and thus demand has gone up).
            Originally posted by SoSideways
            I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
            '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
            '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
            X