Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparco Pro ADV install questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sparco Pro ADV install questions

    Hey guys,

    I am prepping my S13 for a little more safety. Moving through the HDPE ranks from 2 into 3 by the end of this year hopefully.

    I bought a used Sparco Pro ADV seat from a racer and I'm looking at mounting for my S13 hatch with sunroof. Interior is gutted and a cage is coming soon.

    I was looking at spending the money and buying the Sparco 600 series mount with the hardware and sliders (http://sparcousa.com/product/seat-base-600-series) however, I have read a few posts where even with the Sparco Sprint, the seat sits far too high.

    Does anyone have any recommendations? Will the side mount brackets allow it to fit low enough? I am 5"8 so helmet height isn't an issue.

    Thanks!

  • #2
    http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...FQIcaQod6QEKYQ
    These brackets look like they should get a side mounted seat pretty low.

    I wish these were available to give a try before I cut the catalytic converter hump out of my car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea not fully sure what is included in the 600 Series brackets you mentioned but it appears to be a bracket/slider combo. From everything I have ever read about the Sparco brackets they use a bracket which mounts to a universal slider and the combo of the two is what places the seats really high. I would do more research before buying tose to make sure. I would think that something like what oldschoolrice posted or the Bride super low rails would work better.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by oldschoolrice View Post
        http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...FQIcaQod6QEKYQ
        These brackets look like they should get a side mounted seat pretty low.

        I wish these were available to give a try before I cut the catalytic converter hump out of my car.
        I tried them (low mount planted bracket) with our side mount Momo Daytona XL halo FIA seat (shortest guy on my team is 5'9") and we had a good laugh. Was nowhere near safe. The only way to get safely low enough where the top of your helmet is 2" below the top of the main hoop is to cut that cat hump out or stick the main hoop through the roof. Save yourself the time and money and just start cutting that hump out.
        Core4 Motorsports
        CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
        S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, I mistakenly bought the planted mounts as well, they sit seats up way too high... They aren't low at all. From what I was told by a friend of mine (who has more seats in 240 experience than I), the Nagasi super low sidemounts are the best as long as you are skinny, lol. Doesn't work for me since I'm a rather large dude, but that's what I was told. I'll be building a custom bracket after I cut the hump out for myself.

          www.2LiterTurbo.com (Personal Site)
          96 240SX SE: Track Car | 90 Skyline GTR: Bucket List Car | 07 Legacy Spec B: The DD

          Comment


          • #6
            I ran into this very issue recently

            All the NAMS/Bride/Buddy Club/etc side mount rails are made for the way too narrow Bride and associated seats. The Bride is good for someone up to a ~30 waist and below 5'9". Any dimension deviation and the rails will:

            1) Not be wide enough for the seat to fit properly/safely
            2) Be way too damn high
            3) Both.

            For anyone over 5'9" and over 32 waist, lots of seats available, but custom brackets/rails will have to be made up

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RalliartRsX View Post
              I ran into this very issue recently

              All the NAMS/Bride/Buddy Club/etc side mount rails are made for the way too narrow Bride and associated seats. The Bride is good for someone up to a ~30 waist and below 5'9". Any dimension deviation and the rails will:

              1) Not be wide enough for the seat to fit properly/safely
              2) Be way too damn high
              3) Both.

              For anyone over 5'9" and over 32 waist, lots of seats available, but custom brackets/rails will have to be made up
              ^^^ Listen to this. Spot on.
              Core4 Motorsports
              CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
              S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

              Comment


              • #8
                Guys I really appreciate all if the wisdom. I am going to do a mock fit of the seat tonight to see what's what.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have the Bride FG sliders and a Sparco Sprint V for my driver's seat and just the Planted brackets for the passenger seat (no sliders). While I wouldn't call the driver's seat low, it seems to fit just fine. The passenger seat is a good height as well, but that's far easier. For the record, I'm 5'10" 34ish waist, the car is an S14 no sunroof and no cage.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cdlong View Post
                    I have the Bride FG sliders and a Sparco Sprint V for my driver's seat and just the Planted brackets for the passenger seat (no sliders). While I wouldn't call the driver's seat low, it seems to fit just fine. The passenger seat is a good height as well, but that's far easier. For the record, I'm 5'10" 34ish waist, the car is an S14 no sunroof and no cage.

                    With no cage is probably ok, but that's the difference. I can guarantee you will fail any reputable safety tech if someone measures for clearance between your helmet and main hoop of cage.
                    Core4 Motorsports
                    CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                    S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'll take your word for it, I'm not familiar with those rules. I guess I was speaking from a driving position perspective.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X