Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Drive Bolt Does Fit!

*typo It DOESNT fit

So the Kaaz 2 way I ordered finally arrive and everything was going well until we tried to fit the final drive onto the new LSD.

The Final Drive bolts are too big!

I ordered a Kaaz for an OEM viscous set up, which should have bolted right in.

Any idea why the bolts on my current LSD are a bit bigger? The final drive has 48:11 etched into it. Could my current final drive and differential set be from some weird car?
    Attached Files

After some determined googling, there ARE 2 different bolt sizes for the ring gear.

The shop and I are discussing whether or not to machine an extra set of bolt holes into the ring gear for the smaller 12mm ring bolts.

Comment

Just buy the correct bolt sizes

Comment

Its a bit more complicated than that. The holes on the LSD are smaller than the holes of the threaded part inside the ring gear.

We found a solution that might help other people here: machine the holes on the LSD to fit the bigger (13mm?) bolt.

If ever i want to swap to a ring gear that uses the smaller (12mm?) Bolt, one can purchase a set of nismo s15 helical differential ring gear bolts (13mm shank, 12mm threaded portion)

Comment

Working...
        X