Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear knuckle bushings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rear knuckle bushings

    Made the mistake of doing the ES bushings before doing enough research and finding this forum a couple years ago. Now I'm trying to undo the mistake. I've got everything I need minus bushings for rear knuckles and rlca. I don't really need spherical(nor do I want to spend $400 on them) and the only rubber I've found are megan and those say they are "hardened rubber". Is there anywhere else to find rubber bushing? I've also found nothing for rlca bushings, unless they are the same size as knuckle which for some reason I remember them being the same or close.

    Thanks

  • #2
    I would just get another set of uprights with stock bushings instead of pressing in rubber bushings. They are fairly robust, and seem to last a long time.

    That said, the step up to sphericals is a HUGE.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


    DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

    Comment


    • #3
      someone on zilvia was selling a set of z32 uprights with defsport sphericals already installed last week, might still be up there

      Comment


      • #4
        def I would love to go spherical, and I might do it, will just have to wait a bit longer.

        max, thanks for the heads up, I found that FS thread and PM'd the guy. Someone was already asking him about them other day so hoping he still has them.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you want hardened rubber, Megan is the only option AFAIK. That being said, I have the FLCA and tension rod ones and they didn't feel any stiffer than OEM ones with a finger nail test. Not really scientific by any means, but after measuring their lowering springs and concluding their specs are a complete lie, I don't trust anything they claim.
          Core4 Motorsports
          CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
          S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gills View Post
            If you want hardened rubber, Megan is the only option AFAIK. That being said, I have the FLCA and tension rod ones and they didn't feel any stiffer than OEM ones with a finger nail test. Not really scientific by any means, but after measuring their lowering springs and concluding their specs are a complete lie, I don't trust anything they claim.
            I don't care about them being hardened, just want rubber so everything can move like its suppose to. Was wondering how hardened the megans really are. Never cared for megan though, bought some of their outer tie rods years ago and never installed becasue the joint looked/felt terrible. So still trying to decide if I want to try them or just bite the bullet and go spherical

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ryansx View Post
              I don't care about them being hardened, just want rubber so everything can move like its suppose to. Was wondering how hardened the megans really are. Never cared for megan though, bought some of their outer tie rods years ago and never installed becasue the joint looked/felt terrible. So still trying to decide if I want to try them or just bite the bullet and go spherical
              Well, I've done two endurance race weekends (24+ hours on track) on the tension rod and FLCA megan bushings and they've held up fine thus far, FWIW. What is your car used for? If you have the budget and whatever you race in allows them, just go with sphericals now. The Megan bushings aren't even that cheap for being Megan, which should mean they aren't that ****ty.

              Besides the rubber not seeming to be stiffer than the OEM stuff (with a poor test), everything else about them was ok. The OD for interference fit wasn't too loose or tight and the rubber looked fresh and solid. If you're stuck on rubber, I wouldn't be concerned with them.
              Core4 Motorsports
              CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
              S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

              Comment


              • #8
                I do autox, for fun not being competitive, and weekend back roads. Thats why I'm having a hard time justifying the spherical.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ryansx View Post
                  I do autox, for fun not being competitive, and weekend back roads. Thats why I'm having a hard time justifying the spherical.
                  In that case going with full blow sphericals is a complete waste of money unless you have plenty of it, IMO. I would just go with Megans or new OEM uprights.
                  Core4 Motorsports
                  CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                  S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Meh, people blow that few hundred bucks on way stupider parts of the suspension.

                    Sphericals in the rear make the car handle so nicely over bumps. I can't see an additional $300 put into the dampers (over some reasonable level of dampers) making that big of a difference.
                    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!


                    DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      even just on the street sphericals are a massive improvement, I would never go back

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        reducing bind and deflection in the suspension is a far better plan than spending extra money on shocks, springs, sway bars, etc trying to compensate for a bad ride made by bad bushings.
                        Originally posted by SoSideways
                        I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                        '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                        '96 240SX- The Track Toy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sphericals >> Rubber >>> PU

                          Make a decision...
                          Core4 Motorsports
                          CLICK HERE for Wilwood FSL6R Radial Bracket & Rear Wilwood BBK GROUP BUY
                          S14 VQ AER Endurance Racing Team

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hahah man you guys are gonna force me to buy spherical. I've been teetering on it for awhile now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just do it and thank us later.
                              Originally posted by SoSideways
                              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
                              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
                              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X