Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy claims to be making a subframe for S chassi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy claims to be making a subframe for S chassi?

http://www.pdv-motorsports.com/index.htm

I don't know how I ran across the link but he is an FSAE guy, and built a few things here n there it seems but he also mentions subframe in the works 'to die for'?? lol... random find...
    "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Ha its not that random, thats me and yes I have plans for a new subframe. 20 credits and Senior design aren't going to allow it until I have my degree in hand though.
    -Ryan

Comment

oooh okay lol! Yeah I was googling for stuff and ran across it hehe. Cool cool.
      "hexa-dodecahedron-triple-threaded-super-eleventy-way-adjustment-spec" dampers. -Def

Comment

is there really a need to change out the factory subframe?
        NASA HPDE Instructor

Comment

Half the stuff I'm doing or going to do, I do just because I can and its what I enjoy. In the end though I'll have a lot more freedom with the suspension design, I've already ballpark quantified the weight savings, and it should increase torsional rigidity.
          -Ryan

Comment

Rear subframe? I've never taken my front subframe all the way off, but I wonder how heavy that piece is. Seems that would be a pretty easy one to replace and drop weight off the front end of the car.
            '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
            http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

I've got the front crossmember off and its not that heavy. It can easily be replaced with a new design to lower the engine but I'm hesitant on a street driven car because of the lowest point of the tranny.
              -Ryan

Comment

The rear subframe is a good 100lbs easily... it's a workout to carry.

Comment

Its more like 40-45 barebone.
                  -Ryan

Comment

eh? My 45lbs dumbells feel super light in comparison lol...

Comment

I am pretty sure my memory is serving me right here, even if I'm off I am certain its no more than 55lb but I can weigh it again before I start reassembly over the term break.
                      -Ryan

Comment

Yeah I was just making a guesstimeasure, not actual weight of it on a scale... just cuz my dumbells felt lighter lol...

Comment

Yea, I pushed my subframe up by myself with the diff and everything on there when I was installing my collars. It as heavy as crap, but not that bad. Probably 120-140 lbs with all that crap on it.
                          '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
                          http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

What do you have planned for the "Bolt on Brake Options"?

Comment

That is mostly going to be made to order kits for serious enthusiasts. I'd rather not talk about it until its reality.
                              -Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X