sway bar spacers vs sikky sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sway bar spacers vs sikky sway bar

I was going through forums and noticed alot of people are against sway bar spacers. I couldnt find a real reason or explaination as to why they are against it. they either just said i decided to get "xxx" kit so i could use my stock sway bar or the person said they went with the sikky sway bar.

Does anybody know the downside to the sway bar spacers?

Moves the tension rod pivot down, which changes your anti-dive % on the front suspension.
    '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
    http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

does it move the whole tension rod mount, or just the sway bar mount point?

And does moving only the sway bar affect anti-dive?
      Originally posted by SoSideways
      I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
      '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
      '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

If you're only moving the sway bar down, then it's fine, but there's a stud on the tension rod bracket, so I imagine you'd run out of spacing very quickly putting the spacer above the sway bar bushings.

Moving the sway bar itself doesn't affect anything, only suspension pivots that locate the wheel.
        '18 Chevrolet Volt - Electric fun hatch for DD duty!

DefSport Koni Sleeve and Spring Perch Buy!!!
        http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=5902

Comment

this is the spacer i was looking at. its moves it down and foward. since the pivot point it changed what affect does that have?

240sx CNC'd Sway Bar Spacers are designed to use factory bolts that are countersunk into the cnc'd spacer. The new sway bar mounting points have been moved forward to clear oil pan as well as spaced down for clearance as well. We provide new bolts to secure the sway bar bushing mount. This spacer will allow you to run the oem or aftermarket sway bar like stock.

These have been also used for sr, vq, rb and other engine swaps that involve sway bar to pan clearances.

Please make sure to specify s13/s14/s15 they have different bolt patterns.

Comment

Is this just for clearance purposes for an engine swap?

"A pessimist thinks the glass is half-empty, an optimist thinks the glass is half-full, an engineer says that glass is twice as big as it needs to be"
            instagram:@cleantune ; Twitter: [email protected]

Comment

That's my understanding.
              Originally posted by SoSideways
              I don't care what color they are as long as they are LONG AND HARD.
              '04 G35 Sedan 6MT- The DD
              '96 240SX- The Track Toy

Comment

Working...
              X